Crazy Neighbourhood (sample city) error

I'm getting an issue trying to export an archive.

Mercedes-Benz
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Crazy Neighbourhood (sample city) error

Postby Mercedes-Benz » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:53 am

Hello all,
I'm getting an error trying to export the Sample-City 3DS file (Crazy Neighbourhood) in MM2CityTookit. It has an error trying to create a hudmap. I followed these instructions:

1. Run program
2. Click Advance/Import 3DS...
3. Click Open 3DS...
4. Select city.3ds and wait
5. Click "Make a city and AR archive"
6. Select t2.psdl and wait
7. Select where you want to save AR file (for example game directory)
7. "Operation completed" should appear, click OK

These were found in the MM2CT ReadMe under HOW TO EXPORT 3DS TO MM2.

Can someone either help with the problem, or possibly post the CrazyNeighbourhood AR file? Any response is greatly appreciated.

-Mercedes-Benz

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:10 pm

The hudmap generating should give an error because of the too much polygons used for the PSDL terrain part. MM2 City Toolkit is known to have a limit in this, but really, in the case of this track this hasn't to be possible.
However, the hudmap missing won't give the track not working, you can be able to play the track, just don't try to show the hudmap otherwise there will be a game crash. Probably then I'll give you the completed track .ar file.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Mercedes-Benz
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Mercedes-Benz » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:28 pm

The map not being able to compile will cancel the process of making the .ar file as shown below:

And after clicking "ok" the whole process cancels. This has also happened on other maps such as simplecity (not SAMPLE city, SIMPLE city) in the tutorial, which is basically just a square with roads, so it can't possibly be too many polygons that's not letting me create the hudmap.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Seems that you strangely always get that error message with any track that MM2 City Toolkit generates. You can do so, now I don't remember well, but clicking on the Advanced button you can uncheck the hudmap generating option, so you can complete the making. Or also, you can only do the map generating without create the .ar file successively, then try to make the hudmap form the PSDL file separately from the apposite function, and make the .ar file at the end from the apposite function or manually using WinRar putting to put the track folders (excluding the one called "_texture") in a ZIP compressed archive with the .ar extension.
If still nothing, I'll PM you the complete track.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Mercedes-Benz
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Mercedes-Benz » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:45 am

Thank you very much, unchecking the hudmap worked. I really appreciate the help you've given me.

UPDATE: Unfortunately, I can't find the map in the race selection menu as shown below:

(And those off screen maps aren't it, I double checked.)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:56 am

That's all. :wink: However, have the hudmap is worth; get it here, extract the file in the "geometry" folder and redo the .ar file for the command Tools

Mercedes-Benz
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Mercedes-Benz » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:59 am

I now see the level and can select it, but when loading the level, it crashes halfway and closes the game :(

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:12 am

A bit complicated for me make it simpler to explain, but the steps are already easy... Ok, if your purpose is only to finally play in-game this track, get mine ready to play, check the PM that I've sent you.
If also it makes the game crash while the loading, better remove some of the .ar files of add-on tracks and files that you have in the game folder, keep too much of them tends to let the game crash while loadings.

Mercedes-Benz
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Mercedes-Benz » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:23 am

Once again, thank you for all the help. I hope I haven't been too much of a pain, since I'm not all that familiar with this stuff.

Again, thank you for all your help.