Regarding Maxoff's ar locking program.

someone972
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Regarding Maxoff's ar locking program.

Postby someone972 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:28 am

Some of you may already know this, but for those that don't I'll say it here. I'm making this topic to inform you that Maxoff's car protector program (at least up to version 1.2) has the potential to damage the data contained in the archive, and not just lock it. Whether or not it will corrupt data depends entirely on what data is in the archive. Whether it will have adverse effects on the game depends on where the data corruption happens. From what I can tell it does not corrupt very many files, but it definitely does corrupt some. Therefore I suggest this program not be used until a revision has been made, unless you want to take the risk of data corruption.

PS: If Maxoff is reading this, get in touch with me at someone972sgames@hotmail.com and I will show you where the program is corrupting the data.

EDIT: I've been informed by RacingFreak about another ar locking program by Volky that does not corrupt the data. It can be found at https://racingfreak.drivermadness.net/mm2tools.html

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby CarLuver69 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:50 am

Sadly, Maxoff doesn't frequent anything related to MM2 anymore, he and his whole team quit.
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]
[color=silver][i]Proud supporter of MM2X[/i][/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]How do I love thee MM2? Let me count the add-ons...
[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby whoami » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:01 pm

Was that HQTM?
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Was that HQTM?
You got it.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Maxoff from HQTM-Team is indeed now gone from this community with his team and doesn't do any MM2 related thing.
I've used many times his .ar files locking program in 1.2 version and haven't never got problems with the locking that it does; if some of the files in the archive can get corrupted because of it, the .ar file hadn't to work in-game, but this never happened to me...
The locking program made by Volky is a very good alternative.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|