dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:46 pm

I only know of three right off the top of my head.

1: After you rate a download and press "details", you get re-directed to a glitched page that shows the addon as being released in 1969, among other things.

2: On the main site, the MM2 section on the left has an FAQ link, but no FAQ actually exists.

3: Copyright date at the bottom of the site still says 2002-2011. :P

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:35 pm

Post splitted as new topic, so it can be used for other website related bugs (possibly not also of the forum) that will be found in the future.

Curious bug the first one, thanks for the reporting, will be seen what can be done to fix it. Pratically, the link to the Details page present in the page generated after have given the vote, has the ID of the download as 0, bringing you to an empty page, indeed.
The FAQ page has been disabled on purpose by me since long time because of the spambots that posted there and also because I didn't wanted to dedicate attention and time for it, after have done changes and adds to the questions and answers; also, it seemed to be a feature already little used in the years, and FYI, for years before my coming here it was letterally abandoned, victing of spam... If this feature will get somehow fixed/improved is better.
The copyright year is now updated. Dunno, I kinda remember to have already done it in the first year day... :roll:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

DjDecibel
MM2 eXtreme Owner
MM2 eXtreme Owner
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Italy

Postby DjDecibel » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:28 am

Thanks for the report man..

1) I just missed a variable but now the bug number 1 has been fixed.. please check and report here if you have any other problem..

2) as Franch disabled the faq, i removed the link for now.. so that page has been suspended..

3) copyright of the site fixed by Franch, phpbb copyright fixed by me ;)

thanks again for showing me those bugs ;)

if you encounter any other problem please reply here or create a new thread ;)

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Nice fixes. :)
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Two more that I can think of.

If you've signed out, get a topic reply notification, and click the link, you'll be asked to log in. After that, it says the post does not exist, even though it does. This also happens if you try to view a forum while signed out. It will ask you to log in, then say the forum does not exist.

If you delete a poll in your topic, the poll text in the topic name doesn't go away.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Thanks for these new reports. Didn't knew of the first bug, and correct about the second bug, probably easily fixable.

I have some bugs to report too.

Now there's a new problem with the downloads voting system, it's no more working properly. Seems that you DjDecibel have done some change about it yesterday, better restore all the things back.
In the website screenshots gallery, the full size image viewing in the popup window isn't working correctly since long time, the window comes up but the screenshot isn't showed being the URL address incorrect.
I haven't the possibility to view the forum when it's disabled, this despite I'm set as administrator and in the forum administration configuration page well says that only administrators can browse the forum when disabled. Funny fact. :P
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

DjDecibel
MM2 eXtreme Owner
MM2 eXtreme Owner
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Italy

Postby DjDecibel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:31 am

just fixed the voting system bug.. tomorrow i'll fix some of other bugs :D

NiAlBlack
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Postby NiAlBlack » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:57 am

Some more bugs.

1. There is an option where you can select the forum's language, but theres only English so thats unnecessary.

2. It happend to me a few times that I was redirected to the wrong thread when clicking the link in the e-mail.
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4514][img]https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p515/NiAlBlack/colorspacklogolow.jpg[/img][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:09 am

1. There is an option where you can select the forum's language, but theres only English so thats unnecessary.
The forum language option selecting presence can't be defined a bug, it doesn't cause problems, that's something of the phpBB forums present by default, isn't neither possible remove it from the forum configuration. Instead, editing the PHP of the page probably it can be removed.

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby whoami » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:13 am

2. It happend to me a few times that I was redirected to the wrong thread when clicking the link in the e-mail.
I already reported that, see this page. :wink:
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:15 am

I've reminded about another website bug, noticed long time ago but now I've got to meet it again.
In the downloads comments, clicking on the username to see its account info is always displayed a page where says "There is no available info for - Account Not Found". The error there's in the generated CGI URL, where in a part of it instead of "username" it says "uname". This is an example of the wrong URL, and instead this is its correct counterpart.
There's nothing wrong to this feature in the news and screenshots commenting systems, instead.

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:57 am

Instead require $uname should be changed to require $username then :aprobar:

By the way, is it possible to fix the signature line not showing url and img tags, like here?

A320_Pilot
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Postby A320_Pilot » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:00 am

"The current password you supplied does not match that stored in the database."
this appeared when i tried to change my email.(i don't know what's wrong in there?!)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Vj394OU.jpg[/img]
[color=cyan][b]4.6L V8?[/b][/color] [color=white]I think[/color] [color=red][b]YES![/b][/color]

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:17 am

You must type and confirm your current password in order to change the e-mail or any other change in the profile.

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby whoami » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Guess I found another bug. My timezone is GMT+ 5:30 (IndianStandardTime), and I set the website time to that too (the profile settings). I tried once or twice, but the time is always reset to GMT+ 6 or GMT+ 7
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]