Best active member avatar
Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby e-cobra » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:40 am

So finally this bus is released. :) I'll still be making stuff for MM2 and there's a secret projecting ongoing which I'll post here if I go it to MM2 without crashing, but it'll probably take a few more days.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:02 pm

What's the song?
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:40 pm

Great work with this bus. :D
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:17 am

What's the song?
Selection screen one? Its An Ode to No one from The Smashing Pumpkins. I thought selection screen sound was removed, but it's still there. :stress:
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:55 pm

Great work, e-cobra! :)
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

coolguy102
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Postby coolguy102 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Nice work as always! :), the white spaces in the treads were annoying me :wink: so I tried fixing them, hope you don't mind :P Image

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Thanks, as far as I know, the UV map wasn't extending beyond the texture but still those white strips appeared. Anyway, if it's fixed now, that's great.
hope you don't mind :P
That's the reason I've kept the .ar open, offering total freedom to modify. :)
[img][/img]

coolguy102
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Postby coolguy102 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:19 pm

I just took the tread texture and made it into a square, mm2 is weird with rectangular textures :?, the white lines are still there in the vehicle selection screen though, I'm not sure whats causing it. Also Mumbai to Sangli, no buses to Goa? :tongue:

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby BIGzee » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:53 pm

Also Mumbai to Sangli, no buses to Goa? :tongue:
A Bombay to Goa tribute paintjob ? Long before it does its 50th anniversary ? Sounds fun :smile2:
Last edited by BIGzee on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:14 pm

Cool bus, it's great :)

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:35 pm

After 3 hours of research, I've confirmed that these paintjobs existed on the TATAs back then in the 90s, that is for sure. These paintjobs won't be seen now as newer ones have been put to use on all the currently running city buses, leaving each major city with 4-5 different paintjobs as of now. The pics that I'll be using for the paintjobs (with description) :arrow:

The DTC (New Delhi)
ImageImage

GSRTC (Gandhinagar) -
ImageImage This wasn't the only one used for the TATAs back then, but it seemed compatible to the paintjob's making.

TSRTC, Formerly APSRTC (Hyderabad Metro).
The old one -

The New one -
Image A Considerble number of 1510/1512s with expired FCs ran streets of Hyderabad even after the beginning of the 21st century. Chandrababu replaced them with the leylands in anticipation of IT development. I'll stick to the old one for Hyderabad, but the new one is just a suggestion (I could even do both).

BMTC (Bangalore).
The New one -
Image Current BMTC paintjob for most central routes. What if I told you there were 1515s in Bengaluru running city routes with only one door for entrance/exits, until a couple of years ago. Most of them decommissioned for FCs and safety reasons, not all of them - meaning, there are still a handful of running in the city. I've seen them 8O.

The Old one -
Image Now I'm confused :?. I might end up doing both but still... I'm confused.

KSRTC (Karnataka) -
Image Why a state transport one ? This one is the only state bus that travels intercity routes, picking and dropping City commuters before/after journey throughout the state. This, I haven't an idea if it existed on any TATAs - just a suggestion since its an easy do :wink:

KSRTC (Thiruvananthapuram/Kerala state Transport) -
ImageImageImage Beats me, with this being the only one that had same paintjobs for both city and state transport back then. Well, that's what I'd read somewhere :roll:

MTC (Madras) -
Image For the love of Chennai, I miss these badly. I couldn't find any pics of it on a TATA, but trust me - these are exactly how they looked, I remember :cry:

TNSTC (State Express, Tamil Nadu) -
Image I'm not doing this. Reasons 1)I see it everyday, 2)Tired of seeing it everyday, 3)No TATAs doing State journeys in TN, only in the cities. Hence, makes no sense doing this. Your call, e-cobra.

NMMT (Mumbai) -
ImageImage Needless to describe :wink: .

Does it make sense adding all these paintjobs on a single door 1515 (besides the bangalore one) ? If you'd want only interstate/intrastate/National/District paintjobs instead, let me know.

I'll be startin on the city paintjobs rightaway. And BTW, these are called ASIADs it seems...

EDIT : I don't know where to find the corp. logos :!: The homepages and wikipedia have only the current logos and not the 90s logos !!

The Delhi one is completed 99% somehow, but there is however, a problem.

Do you see the horizontal livery on the side ? On the texture they're straight but when on the bus, there's distortion along the central portion, between both the wheels.
ImageImage

On the front too.

What could it be ? Bad UV mapping ? Or protruding side panels ? You could try remapping them using the delhi paintjob as default. I'm just bad at UV mapping, hence the lazy request :borracho:
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:19 pm

Didn't see your post. :o It is indeed bad UV mapping, because I moved some vertices in Zmodeler to fit the side. It is possible to fix this without editing the UV map. To fix the front texture, open it in your image editor and select the line in the middle that appears a bit below and move it some distance upwards so that in the 3D model, due to the way texture's mapped, it will look straight in level with other lines. Same for sides too. Nice texture BTW.
[img][/img]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Great work! :D
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Wed May 13, 2015 12:51 pm

It is possible to fix this without editing the UV map
IT IS as possible as it is difficult, or the other way 'round.. :? Check this out :arrow:
select the line in the middle that appears a bit below and move it some distance upwards
THAT's the difficult part. It's fairly difficult moving the line upwards and compensate the UV mapping's linear loss. I could judge how much I'll need to move it upwards in Photoshop, a couple of tries and Voila, its done. The vertical correction is handleable. Its the horizontal ones that're getting on my nerves. I make a note of where to start (rear wheel arch) and the end points (front wheel arch) but distorted points somehow appear moved away from each other and the transition. I'll post the pics below.

I feel Re-UV mapping using this delhi paintjob will be better than the 'trial and error' photoshopping method that's tiring. Now I'm in Panic, cuz all of the planned paintjobs have linear (horizontal) vinyls :scared:. And just this one takes so much time, dunno how long It'll take for the others (my hunches say It'll take lesser time because I'll know the reference points for the distortions - that is ONLY if I found out the ref. points using the Delhi paintjob).

I'll put the fixing on hold till then :sleep2: Meanwhile I'll do the Gandhinagar GSRTC.

UPDATE

DTC Delhi

GSRTC Gandhinagar

APSRTC Hyderabad Metro

BMTC Bengaluru

KSRTC Thiruvananthapuram

MTC Madras (Chennai)

NMMT Mumbai

NEW !!

KTC Goa

Bad news : I just found out DTC had an older paintjob -
ImageImage
NOW what do I do :doh: ?

I've made the paintjobs bright on purpose so that you could desaturate them to your likes and preferences. If you're using photoshop, I suggest you desaturate all of the paintjobs to a value of '-25' (20, if you think they look too dull/bland/antique-like) to give that 'Old school' worn look. Trust me, that's what looks realistic.

I still haven't done that distortion fix because the best would be to UV map it over again using a plain linear 'Centre Vinyl' paintjob like the DTC and NMMt ones. The KSRTC one doesn't look distorted in any way cuz the horizontal vinyl is way up close to the window panels.

I've sent you both the TGAs and PSDs (in case you wanna make edits). I dunno what to do about the destination board texture, I suggest you add a plain yellow board to all of them. And I haven't added license plates (overlaying image on the main texture), if you want me to add them I'd just add a 'TN-01' or 'KA-01' or 'MH-01'.etc .
Open to suggestions :wink0:
ImageImage