Coastal County

Project canceled

twcfan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Postby twcfan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:20 am

wait could u still do the cop cars planned 4 it? i was really intersted in that!!

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:32 am

No. He has completely quit MM2.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:45 am

Shame to see this project die. But hey, it's your choice. You're right in saying that this community is dying, but that doesn't mean that nobody cares.

How about you start a poll, asking the community if they really care for this track? Maybe modify this topic.

NiAlBlack
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Postby NiAlBlack » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:47 am

wait could u still do the cop cars planned 4 it? i was really intersted in that!!
Good news, it's gonna be included in my colors pack!
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4514][img]https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p515/NiAlBlack/colorspacklogolow.jpg[/img][/url]

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby CarLuver69 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:47 am

Shame to see this project die. But hey, it's your choice. You're right in saying that this community is dying, but that doesn't mean that nobody cares.

How about you start a poll, asking the community if they really care for this track? Maybe modify this topic.
I don't want to have commitments with MM2 anymore. It's time to move on to other things. As I said, if anyone is interested in taking over, be my guest.
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]
[color=silver][i]Proud supporter of MM2X[/i][/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]How do I love thee MM2? Let me count the add-ons...
[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:23 am

What CarLuver says is the reality in part, that can well demotivate you in making especially big projects. Communities and projects for old games are for few intenditors. But is known that make big projects for only one person is too much work to do for long time that can give troubles too, so, I was kinda waiting for the cancelling of also this other map making project of yours after the previous one.

I absolutely don't think that half of the downloads here on MM2X are done by spambots... Is used a password entering that yes, probably some spambots bypass, but it's already something against them. Is normal that the most interesting releases, like Eurocity city, get much more downloads in less time than others like researched cars add-ons. People interested in downloading files for MM2 that come here often are still a good amount, trust me, and so far there have always been some that show themself to this community.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Postby StanOfGB » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:46 am

Wow, dude. If you want to quit modding for anything related to your personal life, that's perfectly fine, but if it's just because we don't get as many downloads as GTA sites do for example, then that's pretty weak sauce. I have a few car releases that don't even have 300 downloads after weeks or months after their release, but I don't care. I (and a few others) mod because I love MM2 and this is one of my hobbies. Not trying to be brash, but I've never seen anyone else cancel so many projects in their modding "career".

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:14 am

Wow, dude. If you want to quit modding for anything related to your personal life, that's perfectly fine, but if it's just because we don't get as many downloads as GTA sites do for example, then that's pretty weak sauce. I have a few car releases that don't even have 300 downloads after weeks or months after their release, but I don't care. I (and a few others) mod because I love MM2 and this is one of my hobbies. Not trying to be brash, but I've never seen anyone else cancel so many projects in their modding "career".
Actually, I don't care the MM2 community doesn't get as many downloads as a GTA Site. I don't care about that..what I'm afraid of is spending all of this hard work on a track only to find out that, probably in another 2 - 3 months, nobody cares about it anymore. I could see myself doing this big project maybe a year or two ago, but now I PERSONALLY feel it's too late to jump into such a huge project. It's the dreadful fear that I'll put in all of this hard work into a track for a not-so-popular game anymore when I could've been doing work on other stuff.

When I make a big project such as this, I usually have to commit myself to it. It's not easy for me to divide work up between multiple games and split up the workload...I just can't do it. I tried to do it and I got to the point of being stressed out.

And might I point out that you look like an asshole for constantly jumping on my shit for canceling projects and never actually saying my work is decent or good? Is it just a coincidence that you jumped out of nowhere and pointed out I canceled another project? I haven't forgotten.
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]

[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby whoami » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 pm

@Everyone who doesn't like CarLuver69 cancelling his project(s): It is ENTIRELY his wish if he wants to cancel his projects, make a v2.0 out of it, or whatever. So don't keep saying "Please!!". if he wants to continue, he will.
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Postby StanOfGB » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:19 pm

I think the asshole move would be showing off some mod to a bunch of people, telling them they too will enjoy the mod one day, and then telling them that you can't be bothered to finish it.

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:20 pm

I think the asshole move would be showing off some mod to a bunch of people, telling them they too will enjoy the mod one day, and then telling them that you can't be bothered to finish it.
I'm an asshole for canceling this project? I'm not expected to release anything. Sure, I had a lot of hype for this project, but as everyone here seemed to expect (which is really sad, that just shows nobody has any hope for my projects) the project sadly got canceled. But am I moving on to another MM2 project because this one was too difficult? No, I'm walking away from MM2 modding. Probably could've been executed in a less pathetic way...

I want to move on to other things without having to worry about having to put in some MM2 work here and there. It was a burden to me. Call me pathetic if you will, but it was my choice and that doesn't make me an asshole.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Stan, he's not an asshole for canceling a project. It's his life, and his choice. You're the only one wrong here, because you only ever post in his topics if he's canceled something. You've never say "nice work" or anything. So why would you care if he cancels something?

NiAlBlack
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby NiAlBlack » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Please stop fighting about cancelled projects. I my opinion it would be the best if CarLuver would post a download link where we can get everything he has so everyone who wants to can continue his project and then this topic should get locked
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4514][img]https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p515/NiAlBlack/colorspacklogolow.jpg[/img][/url]

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:33 pm

Stan, he's not an asshole for canceling a project. It's his life, and his choice. You're the only one wrong here, because you only ever post in his topics if he's canceled something. You've never say "nice work" or anything. So why would you care if he cancels something?
I kinda agree but also if someone is posting every small cube added to city then there is nothing to comment, people should post something when more progress done

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Triple_X » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:37 pm

I totally agree with Stan , I mean he has cancelled more projects than he has released them , if you ain't sure for their finish don't show progress till you're in a faze when you can release a Beta or Alpha
[color=white][b][u]MM2X Awards : [/u][/b]

[img][/img] | Funniest Active Member [/color]