Error loading into MM2 both versions of NYC maps! Help!

MrLuke971
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Error loading into MM2 both versions of NYC maps! Help!

Postby MrLuke971 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:46 pm

I dont know if others had the same problem, i tried and tried over and over but when i import the ".ar" files into the Midtown madness folder, when i push "go" after choosing the car, it crashes every time. I would like to see NYC so bad.
Would anyone be so kind to explain me or just tell me if im doing something wrong?
thanks.
Luca. (forgive the poor english in some points, but i actually come from Italy).
Luca
MM2 fan since when I was a little baby.

Porsche911man
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby Porsche911man » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Did you try the latest version?

If you did you should possibly lower the cop and traffic density. That should help. Also,play with lower polyed cars.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Any versions of NYC city conversion from Midnight Club to Midtown Madness 2 is affected by working problems in particular conditions, especially because of the too much polygons that it has (more than default London and SF). This depends more by the memory limits of the game in loading files and managing the total of polygons, anyway.
For first, is suggested to play the Improved 1.2 version, where there are less chances of get game crash while the city loading and has many improves than the original Preview V2 version. Then, don't play it using too much high polygons cars, or at least, to do that you have to lower pedestrains, traffic and cop cars densities. The screen resolution counts too, lower it is and less chances of get game crash while the city loading there are.
Is useful if you tell us with which game graphic settings you're playing the game, which is the used screen resolution and which player car you're using, these info are enough to give you a directed solution.
Other topics about this problem are already present in this forum.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

MrLuke971
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby MrLuke971 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:41 pm

I set everything at the top, and that may actually be the reason, though i tried to play with the normal default Mini Cooper with basically top setting and also with top setting (in terms of quality) and a car modeled by riva, and it always crashed, and I only tried the 1.2 version improved. Thanks anyway, tomorrow I will try it with lower quality settings and with a default car like I already did. Oh and I installed the MM2 Review mod (ver.3) and more realistic traffic add-on for both cities, SF & London. Can that be one of the reasons of its malfunction?
Thanks to everybody, and sorry but I'm new to this forum, I will learn how it works soon.
Luca.
Luca

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:58 pm

Have the graphic options set to the maximum haven't to be the problem, is possible play the city, so don't change them. I also asked about what screen resolution you're using; if it's till 1280x1024 pixels usually doesn't happen so many chances of game crash while city loading, but if it's higher, it can happen more.
The use of a traffic mod can be a reason, because are always more added polygons, better remove it in the using of NYC Improved 1.2 (this version uses default traffic cars, that normally get changed by traffic mods, instead the original Preview V2 one has its own traffic). MM2 Revisited Mod V3 shouldn't affect so much on this add-on city, it does more changes to the default cities; just the new skies and little more of that mod is noticed in add-on cities. The Improved 1.2 version has custom cop cars in the city and a .ar file for it, include it too (just extract any .ar file from the downloaded archive).
So, try to play NYC Improved 1.2 with maximum graphic settings, 1280x1024 pixels of screen resolutions, using one of the default game cars, without a traffic mod and leaving the pedestrians, traffic and cops densities as they are by default. The city loading should go well.

Nevermind for that, it was just to let you know. Welcome here, anyway. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Postby HummersRock » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:23 am

I think the last few times I was using NY 1.2 Improved, if I had the cop density higher than 0, it would always crash. So, if it hasn't already been suggested, try without cops.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

MrLuke971
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby MrLuke971 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:24 pm

try to play NYC Improved 1.2 with maximum graphic settings, 1280x1024 pixels of screen resolutions, using one of the default game cars, without a traffic mod and leaving the pedestrians, traffic and cops densities as they are by default. The city loading should go well.
I just logged on computer and i played with low settings and the default mustang car, and worked amazingly, fluid and with traffic mod as well. Though it wont work with imported cars...
Now i will try all the combinations and see if it works.
Thanks again,
Luca.
Luca