"Q&A on everything about this games series"

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Midtown Madness general FAQ

Postby Franch88 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:55 pm

In this topic there's a collection of the main and most asked questions about the Midtown Madness games series and related stuff with their relative answers.

Downloading and using of files for MM1 and MM2

Q. How do you download an add-on/mod?

A. It's really easy, after you entered in the tracks section click on the name of the track you want or on "Download Now" button, type the displayed password, click again on "Download Now" button and the download will start.

Q. I've downloaded an add-on car/track or mod for MM1 or MM2, what do I do next?

A. After you've downloaded the add-on car/track or mod for the games, you've to do the following.
Open My Computer, drive C:, Program Files folder, Microsoft Games folder and Midtown Madness or Midtown Madness 2 folder, depending by the game. Now go to the car file, right click on it and with WinZip or WinRAR programs choose Extract to here. Once extracted, move the file with the .ar extension to the game folder previously opened and finally launch the game.
Everything should go fine with the game loading and running, so the downloaded file is available in the game ready to be played.

Games playing

Q. How do I get on Alcatraz in MM2 SF?

A. You can't get on Alcatraz in MM2 SF with the default Midtown Madness 2 vehicles and without a mod. Use the Drive on Water Mod V2 downloadable from here to be able to get there; as alternative, there are some mods that add bridges to reach the island.

Q. How do I get on Bay Bridge in MM2 SF?

A. Isn't possible to get on the Bay Bridge in MM2 SF, because it's just a simple object used as background.
But, due to the MM2 Revisited V2 mod released by Dummiesboy, is possible to drive on it; this mod replaces, adds and edits a lot of things of the game cities, like indeed the replacing of the old Bay Bridge with a new one. There isn't traffic on it because is pratically impossible do this. Get it here; the only file for this is also available in the V5 release, get it here.

Q. Why the traffic vehicles crash into the back of me?

A. Probably this was made on purpose when the game was developed, so we wouldn't call this a game bug or somewhat. This game isn't meant to be a city driving simulator.

Q. Why the police always starts to chase me also when I drive at a legal speed in MM2?

A. This is another thing made on purpose, to make the game more "madness". Curiously, in MM1 you don't get chased by the cop cars if you drive a cop car type.

Q. How do I complete the MM2 Crash Course mode?

A. Lots of luck, also because in this game mode there isn't the possibility to change the vehicles with the ones that you want, for none of the events. Or, use this completed savegame with any race done and all the game cars and paintjobs unlocked.

Q. Are there cheats for MM2?

A. Officially, there aren't any cheats for MM2, and the ones for MM1 don't work in it. Anyway, after long time one got found: type "/blubber" in the chat (Y key) and confirm, and your car will begin to bounce like a ball. Restart the gameplay (F4 key) to cancel this effect.

Q. How come in MM2 Cops and Robbers mode I can't take the gold when I touch the car that has it?

A. If you're using a downloaded add-on car, you have to aspect this. A lot of add-ons cars have the problem of hard gold dropping during a C'n'R mode gameplay.

Q. How can I complete the race modes and the Crash Course events that have a time limit without have to care about it?

A. You can use the time stop cheat by pressing the F2 key and then by pressing twice the key Q. The advantage is the time locked, but the disadvantage is the hiding of the next checkpoint indicator arrow.

Q. Is there a way to zoom in and out on the car once you are playing?

A. Yes, it is. Press the key V to switch to the free movable camera and using the keys Ins, Del, Home, End, PagUp and PagDw control the zoom and the rotation around the player car; keep one of the Shift keys pressed white using the others to do the actions faster. This kind of camera has some limits, though.

To be continued...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|