Problem making a city and ar file

Ralino
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Problem making a city and ar file

Postby Ralino » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:28 am

When I try to make a city and ar file with MM2 City Toolkit, there comes always the error message: 'Cannot create file C:\...\geometry\hudmap_test.pkg.'
What am I doing wrong?? :(

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:28 pm

That seems to be the hudmap auto generating problem, isn't something really bad. Pratically should happen that because of too much polygons for the PSDL terrain the hudmap generating from it doesn't happen. Latest versions of MM2 City Toolkit program have this limit, olders not, as far as I know.
After the .ar file making, try the city in-game to see if it works properly, the only problem is the hudmap missing and so game crashing when trying to show it.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Ralino
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Ralino » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:48 pm

But it didn't make an AR-file but only a foulder and psdl-file.
Too much polygons? I just did a very easy map for testing with maybe ten polygons.
Is it maybe possible that only one object (GROUND_) isn't enough?

MM2CityToolKit said also that 0 objects are found (and 1 Material)...
Maybe I'm doing something wrong when I made the 3ds-file... :?:

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years

Postby tonius11 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:47 pm

You need to make a directory structure first.
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=65&lid=923&ttitle=Default_Cars_Traffic_Mod#dldetails][img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4604962/GetTrafficMod.jpg[/img][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:01 pm

The problem is another, obviously. Now you've explained a bit more of what you've done, but indeed, have you made everything correctly as explained in the program manual, available here? For first is needed the directory structure, then your .3ds file with correct names for the objects placed in the main city folder and then the eventual track textures placed in the folder called _Texture.
The 0 found objects are referred to the objects that will be generated as PKG, and having only the GROUND_ one, that will be generated as PSDL terrain, is normal that it says 0. The 1 material found is the one assigned to the GROUND_ object.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Ralino
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Ralino » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:57 pm

I have downloaded the older version now (the same as in the tutorial) and now it create an ar-file but it is just empty.

...and I had created a directory structure first.

I also tried just for fun to get the sample city into an ar-file and to run in mm2, that file isn't empty but mm2 didn't show the track and dear says its in zip-format. (???)

(sorry, I'm a very beginner in creating my own stuff for games)

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years

Postby tonius11 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:47 pm

When the program asks to save the psdl file, did you put it in the 'city' folder?

You can also better use the newest version, it doesn't matter that it's not the same version as in the tutorial.
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=65&lid=923&ttitle=Default_Cars_Traffic_Mod#dldetails][img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4604962/GetTrafficMod.jpg[/img][/url]

Ralino
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Ralino » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:13 pm

Ok, now the city is in the game but when I play it there is only sky, black and my dashboard.
I tried it again with an other track but then I couldn't even start MM2 :cry:

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:59 pm

that usually happens when their is a psdl error(vertices not connected), or when your track is too small. ;)
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner