Question about PSP and Photoshop.

Why is Photoshop so expensive?

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Question about PSP and Photoshop.

Postby cody » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:07 pm

I compared the prices for Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop and I want to know why Photoshop costs 10 times as much. :? They're both professional image editors. Is it because of the free editors (Paint.Net, Gimp, etc.)? When are they going to reduce the price?
My Member Number is prime. LOL!

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Re: Question about PSP and Photoshop.

Postby RacingFreak » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:21 pm

Then, if you don`t want to spend too much, download them both (torrents). Then, buy the one, that you like more, and you`ll be using for future time :wink:

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cody » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:24 pm

I got Paint Shop Pro for free with my computer, so I don't need to buy it. Why would Paint Shop Pro be so cheap compared to Photoshop? It confuses me.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby HummersRock » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:43 pm

It's Apple. Everything of theirs is more expensive. :P

It does seem a little silly though. I mean even if it is the best, still, Paint.net can do some things better than Photoshop and a lot of things just as Photoshop, and there isn't much it can't do that Photoshop can, but still Photoshop remains very expensive.

If I couldn't get Photoshop free, then I would just stick with Paint.net. I wouldn't spend around $500 for Photoshop.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Postby StanOfGB » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:02 pm

You're paying for special features that PS has, and of course, the name.

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cody » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:39 pm

I love Paint.net's Fractal features (just look in Effects/Render menu). If they ever stop making us pay for different things (property taxes, electric bills, internet, satellite TV) and make everything free, I would have been able to get Photoshop, but that may be hundreds (maybe even thousands) of years from now, so I'll have to wait and see if the economy improves or not. Maybe when they stop fighting there will be freedom (maybe end Communism). (sorry if I'm going off topic, but I just want to know why you always have to pay for certain stuff.) There probably weren't property taxes in the 1000-1100 year range (as far as I know).

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:49 pm

Because Photoshop is really a professional software, it's professionally priced. Of course there are many 'alternative' ;) ways out there, not many people actually buy it.

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cody » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Why didn't the price drop over time? :? Usually software becomes cheaper as new technology comes out. The first computers cost over $2000 and now they cost only $600 or so. Photoshop should have dropped to $100, not $1000.

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Postby StanOfGB » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Some prices have dropped, but before they get too low, they get taken off the shelves.

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby CarLuver69 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Cody, you have to think on a realistic scale here. Say you're the creator of a very successful software (like Photoshop), and many businesses use it. You offer them things other companies don't, and they're willing to cough up $1,000 for your piece of software...would you seriously drop an entire suite price from $1,000 to $100 just because someone (like you) bitched about the price?

Companies want money. Companies need money. We have taxes to support the government. You don't seem to have any high school education, bro. There's more to taxes and high prices then you think there is.

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 pm

Can you just drop it? Really, just get GIMP or Paint.Net, and stop complaining or take it to Adobe. Photoshop was meant for serious photographers and professionals, but when the ripped version came out people were all over it.

dageek
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dageek » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:13 am

If you really want to get Photoshop get Photoshop elements. It's much cheaper than the Photoshop CS5
[url=https://www.dageek.webs.com][img]https://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/photobukcet_dageek/Avatars/LamboSig.jpg[/img][/url]

RogerBlake
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Postby RogerBlake » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:28 am

On the Web, you can observer some hot deliberations on what graphic app to select - Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, or Paint Shop Pro. Very frequently people say that Photoshop is the manufacturing standard, while the two other programs are not. Well, perhaps that's true and if you make your living in the printing manufacturing or professional web design, Photoshop is "must have". For home use though, you may find Photoshop much too exclusive, and that its low-cost equivalents can easily cope with your tasks.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:25 pm

I honestly thought that was a spam bot until I realized he was on topic...
Please don't bump old topics like this. I know it isn't too old, but I think cody got the point awhile ago. :wink: