Ripping out stuff from various games

with 3D Ripper DX

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Ripping out stuff from various games

Postby RacingFreak » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks to Sajmon, as he said me about the excellent 3D Ripper DX program, I just found awesome things. The first game, on which I tried it was Test Drive 5. Just did a capture, and received a partial rip of Moscow! 8O

I`ll try to rip out another cool stuff, as I`m pretty sure that nobody tried yet to rip the Moscow for MM2? :P

PS
I`m going to try at ripping even things from Hot Pursuit at when it will be released 8)
Last edited by RacingFreak on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:42 pm

Sounds great, anyway I think I remember there are NFSS3/4 tracks remade for World Racing 2, with a bit better textures, so you can try use these :wink:

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:54 pm

Sounds great, anyway I think I remember there are NFSS3/4 tracks remade for World Racing 2, with a bit better textures, so you can try use these :wink:
Of course yes. Even the UV map works fine:
I just need to find out catch a better sight, because the capture depends of where you car stays, e.g. I captured it with from the normal camera, but the normals of course, are fixable.

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:48 pm

I just had taken an capture when playing Test Drive 7:

As it is impossible to rip them from game`s compressed archives.

Here`s also the Dodge Viper extracted altogether:
Looks awesome for me! I`ll try to release it as test car release soon as it wouldn`t be hard, because the parts needs only to be merged :wink:

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Postby Riva » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:39 pm

Rofl TD looks like a bit to MM2 8O

BTW, what's the real name of this TD7 ? I know only TD4/5/6/Off Roads plus the last, Test Drive Unlimited serie.

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Rofl TD looks like a bit to MM2 8O

BTW, what's the real name of this TD7 ? I know only TD4/5/6/Off Roads plus the last, Test Drive Unlimited serie.
I think it`s called Test Drive Overdrive. And btw, I`ve been amazed from the quality of the models in it. I`m seriously thinking of converting some cars like the Toyota Supra and the Lotus from the 1st and 2nd picture 8)

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:50 pm

I now has just unlocked everything (well, using a cheat code) and will see if have the time to extract all cars. But as I did a look to all that player police cars (12), I think they`re awesome. I`m also thinking a traffic mod (just thinking..), too, but will write here if, decide to do it.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby HummersRock » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:17 pm

So this 3D Ripper DX program can rip models from any game (more or less)? Why have I never heard about this program before? :o
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:31 pm

It won't rip from too old games, like MM2, it think it must have higher Directx than MM2 has

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:13 pm

So this 3D Ripper DX program can rip models from any game (more or less)? Why have I never heard about this program before? :o
Well, I`m not sure, but I think it can rip from the newer games (mostly from Atari). I think it could rip without problem Driv3r, DPL TDU or even games using DirectX 6/8/9 for engine.

But actually it just captures an scene from the game, and depends on what you see, when loading in 3DS Max you will be getting full copy of it. Unfortunately, it`s needed to guess it`s settings to load it correctly (sometimes the whole scene loads stretched out).
Even, it`s very useful and as texture ripper, although it may not capture models (like in 3D Driving School).

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:53 pm

Is the FOV is correctly set when you import a 3DR mesh ?

Pretty interesting, especially the track.

3D Ripper doesn't support DX7.

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Is the FOV is correctly set when you import a 3DR mesh ?
If you are talking to the Moscow rip, yes, except I didn`t pictured it in 3D Studio, but in Zmodeler, where the texture needs to be applied all by one. But for TD7`s settings, the last options works excellent, except in few situations, like when I`m loading a scene from the menu, I need to guess the setting, to load model properly.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:27 pm

That's fine.

When the 3DR import is done, and after having loaded required materials, you can export the whole scene to ZM by using a script made for GTA. It allows you to export as DFF that you can import it then, from ZM1.

The best way is definitely the OBJ format but only ZM2 support it, unfortunately this version isn't free.

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:52 pm

I can always run it through Cinema 4D :wink:

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Never tried with C4D, good to know.