Midnight Club: Street Racing to Midtown Madness 2

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years

Postby Leolego29347 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:13 am

And... I also found a way, at how to fix one of the most annoying problems that remained before (missing textures, especially on the tail lights ones), so I suppose, I would be enable to release an expansion pack, as including not only traffic fix.. and, um... some surprises and bonuses :P
Sounds great, can't wait!
PS: I made a rhyme! :D

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Postby RacingFreak » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Actually, I do think that, and traffic pack, that simply gives back NYC`s traffic in the city, is not needed that much (aswell, as I need permission from it`s authors), so I`ll only release a pack with the player cars.

Thanks for understanding.

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Leolego29347 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:48 pm

Which cars have you converted and how many do you have left? If you have any left... :lol:

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Well, actually I`m having such each car model extracted and ready for convert. Unfortunately here are few problems, like bad "junk" data in some car mesh`s, which may worth more time to fix.

I`d decided to convert the service and police units cars, so in few days I`ll release a car pack with them.

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Leolego29347 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:18 am

Well, actually I`m having such each car model extracted and ready for convert. Unfortunately here are few problems, like bad "junk" data in some car mesh`s, which may worth more time to fix.

I`d decided to convert the service and police units cars, so in few days I`ll release a car pack with them.
Hmm...bad "junk"... :roll:
Anyway, I can't wait for release! :D

PS: For the police units, can you include the addonvethypes-file in the folder if it's needed? :?

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:49 pm

Actually that "junk" data is simply wrong placed UV map data. This ain`t be brutal, but... for example, I can show how the Parking Cop front side looked like before:
.. and now, with my UV and normals edit:
Unfortunately, it wastes way too much time, so I`ll try to post here each completed and edited car, I`m done, before packing them altogether.

EDIT:
As messing around in MC`s csv files, I found that there could be found few MM2 leftover data files, same as many useful .csv`s.

I converted some sounds and created a sirens mod, which replaces London`s ones and adds New York`s on SF`s place.

Download

For some reason, I need to tweak the sounds a bit, but I think they`re good now :)

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Leolego29347 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Actually that "junk" data is simply wrong placed UV map data. This ain`t be brutal, but... for example, I can show how the Parking Cop front side looked like before:
.. and now, with my UV and normals edit:
Unfortunately, it wastes way too much time, so I`ll try to post here each completed and edited car, I`m done, before packing them altogether.

EDIT:
As messing around in MC`s csv files, I found that there could be found few MM2 leftover data files, same as many useful .csv`s.

I converted some sounds and created a sirens mod, which replaces London`s ones and adds New York`s on SF`s place.

Download

For some reason, I need to tweak the sounds a bit, but I think they`re good now :)
They don't work. :(

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Well, the link for the mod, or the just sirens are not working?
If the sirens - put many !!!`s before the .ar`s name.

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Leolego29347 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:43 pm

I know the problem! The file hasn't got a rar pack, so when I pressed on the file, I saw inside it! :? So, now they work, :) but they sounds not like the ones in mc1...but it's ok! :D

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Now, the first pack as including few converted police cars and one ambulance, is available!

Download

I also added and future support in the addon_vehtypes file, for the next cars, but unfortunately, you will need to update your addon_vehtypes file, to let the sirens working. Also there`s a small mod for SF, London and should be working with NY, too.

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Leolego29347 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:57 pm

I like the mod. :wink: But, only police cars? :?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Nice little pack, sure it's still in progress, there will be different type of cars in a second release.
Use those long basenames isn't good for police cars, are required too much characters in the vehtypes.csv file, but is ok use the game default one with only added the ones of this release, to be used only to let work its cop cars sirens.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Volky
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Volky » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:44 pm

I think I have found a right way to calculate UV texture coordinates for MC1 models.
Last version of from_pkg tool:
https://www.megaupload.com/?d=BH6JA5FS

Last edited by Volky on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:33 am

Nice work. :)

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Leolego29347 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:21 am

I think I have found a right way to calculate UV texture coordinates for MC1 models.
Last version of from_pkg tool:
https://www.megaupload.com/?d=BH6JA5FS

Nice taxi van! :)