mm4 for xbox 2?

I_Matrix_I
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 21 years 3 months

mm4 for xbox 2?

Postby I_Matrix_I » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:41 am

Hey, been a reader since n64.com days. I'm one of quite a few loyal avid long time Midtown Madness players. More specifically we've played the Capture the Gold mode online since it's conception in MM on PC. DiCE developed Midtown Madness 3 for Xbox, also RalliSport Challenge 2. Both Microsoft Published games. My question is what are the chances of seeing a Midtown Madness 4 in the future, even as far ahead as Xbox 2. With EA buying out controlling shares in DiCE that certainly doesn't help Microsoft's relationship with their former developer. Microsoft owns the rights, and Midtown Madness is a recognizable name so it's likely we could see sequal in the future right? Help me out man our MM3 community was choked when we read DiCE got bought out.

And for anyone who has passion for the less popular Xbox games, but feels he don't have anyone to play on Live with, look at the great community we've built for people who shares the same passion for games like Midtown Madness @ www.mm3racing.com.

Our MM3 league has been running successfully for over a year straight now, and recently we've integrated a Halo 2 league as well. All this for the love of the game, not to decide who is the all time best at the game (although that is debated at times). Bottom line, this is gaming at it's best, when you get a community of people who share the same passion as you.

The worst part about is we know there are hundreds of more gamers who share the same passion but simply aren't connected to the community. Gaming on Live has revolutionized the way we play games with in game voice, so readers, don't be afraid to get into the game more than "average".

Sorry for the essay ya'll. Peace.

Answer: Angel Studios built the original two games and was followed up by DICE for numero tres. Microsoft owns the rights to the game, so unless there is a restrictive contract between DICE and EA preventing the Swedish developer from making games for other publishers (remember EA doesn't own all of them, they just have a majority stake), then it's a possibility. Microsoft can always find another developer to make that game, though, and I assume that since it's always been more than just a passing fancy of a series, we should expect to see another one. I don't know, but I suspect that one might come out for Xbox 2 this fall.

--Douglass

Wow, he responded practically next day. This guy is a video game journalist for a living, and it gives me a good feeling when he say's he suspects MM4 this fall.

Yeeeyeah.

Look https://xbox.ign.com/mail/ we got exposure!

Fragnatic
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Postby Fragnatic » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:40 pm

it's mpossible! :wink:
[url=https://midtownmadness.net][img]https://midtownmadness.net/av-si/signature80x500.gif[/img][/url]