Editing program

DeMMir
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Does it exist

Postby DeMMir » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:40 pm

I couldn't find any posts related to this so I want to ask
is there any kind of program that allows me to edit the existing mm2 cars that have been already made, like removing some parts e.g. spare tire for VW Golf II Country
or I have to do I the hard way :?:

Tnx for all the help

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:49 pm

There's no program ever made that allows to edit something of the 3D model of a car add-on. It's also something hard to do automatically and easily through a program made for this, I can't neither imagine how this can be implemented. The only way to do any edit to the car 3D model is the manual one importing, editing and exporting it using ZModeler, of course for personal use and if the .ar file isn't locked.
The kind of edit that you mean is to only one object, the main one of the car called BODY_H, and so means remove polygons from it if you want to remove a car part like the spare wheel. If a such object was made as breakable part the discourse was different, and maybe can be implemented a program able to delete the objects of a car add-on like the breakables; the thing becomes more easy in this way.
The only edits that some programs available allow to do are some related with the car performances, the car cameras, the car damages removing, the car suspensions editing and little more.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:18 pm

This IS possible, but the team who has the know-how is retired, so, this wont ever be made, HQTM Team knows how to get by protection, and they can make a program that can make textures transparent, but they gone now :cry:
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:11 pm

Make a program to replace the texture files also in locked .ar files maybe is possible, so you can replace any texture of a car with the ones that you want, so is possible to hide parts using transparent textures. But, in the case of that car, sure the spare wheel use the same textures of the car wheels, so making it invisible also the car wheels will be invisible. Also, if there are the reflections, completely transparent or invisible parts will result present because of them; has to be possible to remove them too through the same tool.
I don't see a such program worth, it's useful only to ruin a car changing the textures with others that aren't good for it becasue of the mapping. And however, such edits are possible through self-made .ar file patches, just check the textures file names of a car and do tries.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|