explanation about ultimate tweaker

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

explanation about ultimate tweaker

Postby Triple_X » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:32 pm

hey guys i need an explanation about UT i need to know what is everything like what is power of front breaks , mass , everyone

and a special thing the one that says tuning radius lowering that will make the car better on drift or drag ???
[color=white][b][u]MM2X Awards : [/u][/b]

[img][/img] | Funniest Active Member [/color]

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:42 pm

Turning radius is for tuning, but propably there are some turning functions unused in MM2UT

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby Triple_X » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:16 pm

so lowering that will make the car better in drift or drag ???

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:35 pm

It won't change much for drift, and in drag you go on straight.

That's what is meaned in turn radius:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:26 pm

The MM2 Ultimate Tweaker program allows to do especially perfomances edits, increasing or decreasing the car acceleration, speed, etc., and some other values like the mass, brakes and handbrakes strength, and number of gears. The only value possible to edit about the handling is the turning radius (more low it is, and in less space the car can do an U inversion), there's nothing about suspensions, drifting and so on.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby Triple_X » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:33 pm

oh ok

so how to edit the tuning for drift cars ???????

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:39 pm

You can download some drift cars and check. I think they add a lot of horsepower and change some turning or other settings

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Using a program is impossible, there's no program that can allows to edit such things on a car.
To get a completely different tuning to any car, you just have to take the drift tuning files from a not locked add-on car .ar file, place them in the folders Tune/Vehicle, rename the file names changing the basename part with the one of the car where have the change, and make a .ar file of that Tune folder and place it with the car in the game folder. Add at least 5 "!" symbols ahead the file name to be sure of the in-game change working. With this method, of course, you can do manual edits to the tuning files as you want using Notepad, and use your tuning files setting for any car.
This is the only way, the negative thing is that is really hard get all the other real values of the car tuning files in case it's locked, the tuning change will be always different in any aspect than the original car one.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:07 am

Wait, are you trying to create a drift tuning for your own project (350Z) or to edit other people's releases (which are locked)?

I've done a lot of experiments with drift tunings and all I have to say is.....almost every little thing makes some kind of change to the car's handling, including its ability to drift. Even taking the drift tuning of some unlocked cars to add to your own car will not ensure the same results since the center of mass of the car (which depends on the model, also if it has interior or not) is different for each car.

The easiest way to get a drift tuning is to change the "Drift" value in the .vehgyro file found in the Tune>Vehicle folder. Still, you might not think its good enough. Then you have to think about the physics of how real cars drift and change the more detailed values in the .vehcarsim file. I can tell you, things such as wheel friction values, vehicle type (front-wheel-drive, rear-wheel-drive, all-wheel-drive), wheel base, inertia box, center of mass and steering angle all affect how well a car drifts.

It takes a lot of trial & error to get a drift tuning to how you like. But maybe the results are worth it. ;)

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby Triple_X » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:20 am

i cant be exact to tell if it is for my 350z or for any other i just want to learn how to do this thing in mm2 cuz in real life the cars that participate to drift contest use flat tires light weight big engines and mostly are back wheel

really thanxxx for your help i will consider those things that you said :wink:

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:32 pm

Just look on MMArchive for some old Syoryou's drift cars like RX-7 FD3S