Screenshots of my first map.

Problem solved. :D Now some screenshots.

Minapamina
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 11 months

Screenshots of my first map.

Postby Minapamina » Tue May 18, 2010 6:30 pm

I'm making a map but when i put a texture, that i have made myself, on Zmodeler and put it in some faces and then do all the stuff that's needed for getting the map to MM2 and start the game, my custom textures are shown as white!

EDIT: problem finally solved.I had forgotten to convert my custom textures as .tex files.

Here are some screenshots:

box area:
dishwasher:
oven:
general view:
Last edited by Minapamina on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Make sure to add all your track textures in the folder called _Texture, that MM2 City Toolkit has created when you've created the city folders structure. Then, assing the textures moved in that folder to the track materials in ZModeler, export it in .3ds and do the track importing and making in MM2 City Toolkit program; the program will automatically copy and rename the textures in the Texture folder. After, create the .ar file of your track including all the folders except the _Texture one, not needed for MM2, and try it in-game.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Minapamina
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Minapamina » Thu May 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Make sure to add all your track textures in the folder called _Texture, that MM2 City Toolkit has created when you've created the city folders structure. Then, assing the textures moved in that folder to the track materials in ZModeler, export it in .3ds and do the track importing and making in MM2 City Toolkit program; the program will automatically copy and rename the textures in the Texture folder. After, create the .ar file of your track including all the folders except the _Texture one, not needed for MM2, and try it in-game.
I have done all of that but now the textures show incorrectly in the game. I mean that:

Custom texture number 1 should be mostly black but now it's white with "rinter_l" stripes on it (the mm2's basic road texture i mean)

And custom texture 2 should be like wood but now it looks like stretched something with white stripes.

Both of the textures are 256 color .BMP files edited with paint.

EDIT: here is a picture what I mean:

EDIT2: here is what it looks like in Zmodeler:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu May 20, 2010 7:47 pm

That's meant to be a furniture, right? You can't absolutely make it as PSDL terrain, because it's a complex object to make only as PKG and especially it needs a mapping manually done on purpose with ZModeler.
The textures on the PSDL terrain blocks get automatically mapped in a certain way, depends by the type of the block (ground, road, intersection, etc.). A PSDL terrain, as you can see from the MM2 City Toolkit manual, must only be a landscape with hills and mountain and, if you want, with also roads and intersections made in a right way. All the objects that will make the PSDL terrain must have a certain polygons placements and a low polygons making.
A complex object like that can't be made as PSDL terrain block, because it couldn't work rightly in-game and will have texturing problems, like your image shows. An object like that needs also a manual mapping of the texture that it needs (wood, steel, etc.), that you have to do in ZModeler as you want (here an explaining about objects mapping). And most important thing, it has to be made as PKG object (named PH1_ in ZModeler), with a simple plain PSDL terrain under it (named GROUND_ in ZModeler).

Ok that you've fixed the problem with the textures missing, but I couldn't never though that you're attempting to make a such thing in MM2. The manual of MM2 City Toolkit explains only to make a real city with PSDL terrain landscape and traffic.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Minapamina
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Minapamina » Sun May 23, 2010 3:30 pm

An object like that needs also a manual mapping of the texture that it needs (wood, steel, etc.), that you have to do in ZModeler as you want (here an explaining about objects mapping).
I mapped the textures as shown in the tutorial, but they still show incorrectly ingame.

zmoderer screenshot:

In ingame it still looks the same.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun May 23, 2010 8:06 pm

You've done the object manual texture mapping and you've made they as PHx_ objects, that's ok. I have no idea of how they can still look bad textured/mapped in-game, the PKGs are always textured as you've decided, both in ZModeler and in-game. :roll: The GROUND_ object has to be a simple plain object under the whole furniture, also not textured.
PM me the file for a my checking of the track .z3d file.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby HummersRock » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:53 pm

Looks pretty nice.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:57 pm

WHOA! Great modeling and texturing! :D

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Really nice work, great progress so far, I hadn't noticed it. Better post new posts instead to edit always the first one, so we can check the new progress from your new posts in this topic. ;)

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Postby StanOfGB » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:02 pm

A Kitchen track? Awesome :wink:

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Zac4084 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:10 pm

Just saw the first pictures, really nice detail and textures. Keep it up. Hope it's finished.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Haha, that looks really cool. Reminds of the Billiard Burnout track. :D

Minapamina
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Minapamina » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:00 am

Just saw the first pictures, really nice detail and textures. Keep it up. Hope it's finished.
it is not yet finished. I'm not going to be able to do it so much at the summer holiday, because im going to holiday somewhere else.

But the map is still getting bigger and better!
I have made a lot more since my last screenshot posts and i might post some new screenshots soon. Just keep waiting.

LTV_boss
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 15 years

Postby LTV_boss » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:07 am

Lol that looks a bit like CS de-rats map :lol:
ImageBest sig Evah.