Traffic from default cars mod

"Progress, discussing and beta testing; now released!"

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years

Traffic from default cars mod

Postby tonius11 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Hi. I want to create traffic from the default cars (probably an old idea, but anyway), just for fun, and because it will be used on my track. I have started with the LTV (it's the first basename). I have made a new basename for traffic version, "t_vp4x4". I added signal lights. I created mtx files in geometry folder. I also used the aiVehicleData of the large suv. I have used the banger files in tune/banger folder from the original LTV. I have replaced the compact car in sf to test it.
This is all you have to do, right? But when the car is almost viewed in game, the game crashes. What could be wrong?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Make a traffic mods is essentially like make player cars, the .pkg file making is pretty the same, there are indeed the two signals to add; if you know how to make cars for MM2 you're able to do that too. Better use the basenames of the default traffic cars instead to use new ones, to semplify the things, otherwise you have to edit also the .aimap and .aimap_p files for London and SF traffic models setting. The .mtx files are automatically created when the .pkg file is exported in ZModeler, you have only to name some objects correctly to let them create. Check this very good turorial to have an helping about how make cars for MM2 (at least the model exporting part and the rest needed for an MM2 car/traffic car); in the case of a traffic car, aren't needed tuning setting, sounds, JPGs, etc, especially if you use the same game traffic cars basenames.
If you want to use this traffic car only in an your track, in this case you have to use a different basename and copy all the needed files taking them from the game core; you haven't to copy the LTV player car Tune folder, that isn't used for a traffic car, you have to copy the files used for a default game traffic car (noticeable from the "va" initial file name part).

Yes, this is an old idea, and in fact a such thing there's in the beta release of the over-made Mod, here the topic, but the link to get the published beta version file is now dead. There are almost all the default game vehicles made as traffic, but there are some bugs.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:35 pm

Still crashing :roll:

How do you use multiple paintjobs with a traffic car?
It isn't in the tutorial in this forum.
Also, the paintjob name isn't the suffix in the default cars texture names.
So: not vp4x4_ft_camo.tex but vp4x4_camo_ft.tex.

Kluvo2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Kluvo2 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:30 pm

If you want, I can send them to you, I'll be happy if sombody'll use them. Send me PM with your email https://www.mm2x.com/modules.php?name=Priva ... ost&u=6683

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Yes, the problem with almost all the game default player cars is that they use not usual paintjobs names, they haven't the color suffix as last file name part. I guess that you have to write all the paintjobs file names when you add them for the multiple paintjobs, or at least all except the initial part, that's the car basename. Good idea use directly the game cars paintjobs, so mods for the default player cars paintjobs will work also for the traffic, and this will save .ar file sizes too.
Kluvo said that the beta version of his mod with a such traffic mod will be again available.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Kluvo2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Kluvo2 » Wed May 19, 2010 6:01 pm

Yes, I'll upload them and send them to tonius tommorow, because I have them on my PC.

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Wed May 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Thanks! I'll look at them and see what I did wrong. People learn from mistakes :wink:

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Fri May 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Since it isn't in Kluvo2's traffic mod, I have created the Humvee as traffic. Look!

Humvee Time!!! And if you look closely, the hippie and mud paintjob are both there :)
The signal lights work well too!

But there is one minor bug. You can notice it in the background of the first shot. There is a white square on the wheels. This square also appears on the inner part of the wheels. Although I have textured it...

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Very nice result, great to have succeeded to make a traffic mod from a default player game car. :) There's a problem with the shadow visibility, make sure that's righly placed on the center of the Y axle in ZModeler, and not a bit down or up; it should be because of this. Yeah, the white square issue on the back of the wheels is because there's the missing texture.

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Zac4084 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:36 pm

Haha, army came for you. ;) Really great result. I would really like this mod.

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Fri May 21, 2010 9:30 pm

The white square issue on the back of the wheels is because there's the missing texture.
The texture is present and the material too, and if i look at the model in ZModeler, I can't see white spaces but just the wheel texture.

EDIT: I fixed the wheels! Whell, partly. In the distance you can still see the white squares. Do you think that's very bad?

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:23 am

That means the material is repeating, so you need assign wheel texture to one, or fix this in MM2CT material editor(add missing one to empty space on list)

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Sat May 22, 2010 11:14 am

I have already fixed it. By the way, I have uploaded the mod as a beta version. You can get it here!
Now I'm going to make the '59 Caddie as a traffic car.

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Sat May 22, 2010 3:04 pm

A little problem with the '59 Caddie. The wheels don't show up on the right place. I have centered the axis, but no effect.

PS the white paintjob also doesn't appear, just pink, blue, green and tiger paintjob.

Kluvo2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Kluvo2 » Sat May 22, 2010 6:46 pm

You can't have more than 4 paintjobs. I don't know why the wheels don't work. If you want, you can send them to me.