Modding the menu screen (Would it work?)

I need some help

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Modding the menu screen (Would it work?)

Postby CarLuver69 » Sun May 02, 2010 6:06 am

I am a professional in Photoshop & Illustrator CS4, and I got to thinking - why not make the menu 100X better! I have lots of ideas, but I don't want to start spending all this time working on them when I find out there's no way to import them!

So here's my question, would I be able to edit all of the JPG and TGA files that make up the menu and be able to put them in a .AR file and have the game load them? I think it has something to do with the exclamation points (!!!) being at the beginning of the file, but I'm not entirely sure...could someone confirm this? So if i made it like !!!CL69_MenuModV1.AR would the game load that instead of the default JPG's found in mm2tex.ar? Please let me know as quickly as possible, so I can get to work! THANKS!
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]
[color=silver][i]Proud supporter of MM2X[/i][/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]How do I love thee MM2? Let me count the add-ons...
[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sun May 02, 2010 5:14 pm

Yes, it would work. Let us know how it goes, because it sounds like a good idea. :wink:

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Zac4084 » Sun May 02, 2010 6:09 pm

They all say they're professional... Anyway, yes.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun May 02, 2010 7:04 pm

MM2 is a game moddable in many aspects, including the game menus. Just edit the .jpg and .tga files for them (most of them are in .jpg format) having to respect the buttons and menu elements position and image sizes, that's of 640x480. Is also possible to move the menus buttons positions, it requires the edit of other files, but I don't have never tried this kind of edit.
The "!" symbols are used for first thing to place the add-ons and mods .ar files ahead the four default game ones (in this particular case ahead the mm2tex.ar file, the one where there are the default menu files), and then, their number is in function of the type of .ar file: for stand alone cars and tracks add-ons is enough one symbol, instead for mods and little files edits is better use more, also to prevent the not properly work of the mods because of some conflicts with the files of other .ar files. Those symbols are almost always used now, but they aren't obligatory, the important thing for a mod to work is that the .ar file is always ahead the game .ar files in file names sorting.
So, is how you say, I confirm that. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

LTV_boss
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Postby LTV_boss » Sun May 02, 2010 11:15 pm

They all say they're professional... Anyway, yes.
LOl, thats right. Also modding mm2 menus is way harder than just creating a nice signature or editing some photo :lol: (harder if you dont have patiente)
ImageBest sig Evah.

reckless201
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby reckless201 » Mon May 03, 2010 2:06 pm

By saying 'professional', do you mean you're getting paid for your work? :o
Very Unimportant Member.

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Zac4084 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:17 pm

I don't know why people say this, I mean he doesn't even have a avatar or signature... Anyway, it's very easy to. You just remake the visible things.

reckless201
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby reckless201 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:24 pm

I don't know why people say this, I mean he doesn't even have a avatar or signature... Anyway, it's very easy to. You just remake the visible things.
Avatars and signatures don't really contribute to a profession Zac.
Very Unimportant Member.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Tue May 04, 2010 8:57 pm

Yeah, avatars and signitures dont really matter.
I think he just meant that he is very good, I doubt that he is getting paid. Even so, why are you guys flaming him?

reckless201
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby reckless201 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:12 pm

I think he just meant that he is very good, I doubt that he is getting paid. Even so, why are you guys flaming him?
I don't think anyone is flaming here, you should check out other forums to see what flaming really is. :roll:
Very Unimportant Member.

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Zac4084 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:41 pm

I don't think anyone is flaming here, you should check out other forums to see what flaming really is. :roll:
Nope, it's just a statement. Not really flaming. Flaming is a lot more worse. Anyway, I was just making a point, not trying to go off topic. BTW I'm in a project called Midtown Mashup, it's been dead, there's some files, I don't know if they're unlocked, but you could use them as a template if you can find the menu files. Site.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Wed May 05, 2010 12:58 am

Well, I didn't really mean flaming, I just couldn't think of what I meant... picking on him maybe?
Anyway, good luck with your project, carluver69.

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Postby CarLuver69 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:58 am

Sorry for calling myself a professional, I get carried away some times...anyways, thank you for the help guys, and once I KNOW I have some time, I will get to work on this mod. Does anyone know where I can post it for official updates...?
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]
[color=silver][i]Proud supporter of MM2X[/i][/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]How do I love thee MM2? Let me count the add-ons...
[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

dageek
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dageek » Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 am

Just post in this topic.
[url=https://www.dageek.webs.com][img]https://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/photobukcet_dageek/Avatars/LamboSig.jpg[/img][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri May 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Good luck with the work. :wink:
Does anyone know where I can post it for official updates...?
Post a new topic about your project in this same forum section, that's about anything concerning mods.
Just post in this topic.
No, that would also give some confusion because of topic subject changing, better deserve a new topic for a completely different thing...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|