3D renders

Post cool 3D render pictures here!

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby hastantyo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Well then. That was a very good start mate, I saw you've learned the basic on Scanline renderer. But I suggest that you should move on Mental Ray. Because it has better result than Scanline. :)

So, I've make short tutorial about the "lightning" on MR for you. I'm using 3Ds Max 2010 btw, but it was just fine if your version was same like mine or above. :)

First of all, basically the good lightning set up for rendering was a "fusion" of 2 light types. The Ambient Occlusion effects, and the Target / Direct Light. Both will produce nice lightning effects.

Ok, let get's started. I've make my own scene as simple as I can. I gave you my final result first, here. This image below is fresh and pure rendered from 3Ds Max. I've nothing to do on photoshop yet.

Ok, lets go to the first step. Make your own scene first. If you done, open the "Render Setup" or you just press the F10 (shortcut). On the Common tab, scroll down until you find the "Assign Renderer" rollout tab. If it still on Default Scanline, change it to Mental Ray Renderer. Now scroll up find the "Output Size". Use the HD TV Video, then choose your own resolution. Then go to the Renderer tab. And then you just can see images below for more detail, I've marked it on the red box. The steps from the left to the right.
ImageImage

For the sampling option, I put the value 1 min, and 64 max. For the filter I'm using Gauss. That filter gives smooth Antialiasing, the value I put them 2 by 2. More higher value will gives blur effects to the objects. Anyway, that is my best renderer settings so far, but you can choose your own if you want. More higher value will takes more time for rendering process. :wink:

***$$$***$$$***$$$***

Ok, we just finish for the rendering setup. Now let's go for the basic MR material. For get best result on MR renderer, use Arch&Design Material shader. First for all, this tutorial just adjusting the lighting setup, no need to put texture on our scene. Just use a plain color, and give a little effects on it.

Select all objects on your scene, and assign them into single material. The material you've assigned, change it's shader type from Standard to Arch&Design material shader. Then change the material template to "Matte Finish". You can adjust the color for your whole scene. I'm using "0.85" value for color intensity. Then scroll down and find the "Special Effects" rollout tab. Mark the Ambient occlusion effect, Exact AO, and Global Ambient Light color. See the images below for more detail.
ImageImage

For the AO Effects, sampling value means more higher will gives smooth AO (dark) effects. But will takes more time for rendering process. I put the "32" value as middle value. And for the Max Distances value measure the bounces shadows for each objects that produce the AO effects. More higher value, you'll get more dark areas. That is my setup, but you can try and make your own. :wink:

***$$$***$$$***$$$***

Now we go for the light setup. Place the "Skylight" light on your scene, just place wherever you like. Because it produce the basic AO, doesn't effect the direct light. Place it and left whole value settings as default. :wink:

So, its time to take first render preview. And here is the first result.

Hm, not bad, quite good and smooth AO effects. So, let just add 1 more light there as Direct / Spot light. Place the "Mr Area Spot" into your scene. Place and set the light wherever you want. If you done, go to the "Modify" of that light type. Follow the next step from the image below.

If done, lets do a render again and see the changes. :)

Well yea! :D Nice light effects there. :) But its quite too much bright, and some area gives strong light effects. Now it's time to manage both lights for get better result. :)

***$$$***$$$***$$$***

Select the Skylight object on your scene, and go to the Modify tab. Changes the multiplier value to 1,2, and changes the RGB color for the sky AO. See image below for more detail.

Then, select the next light object, Mr Area Spot. Go to the Modify tab. Changes the multiplier value to 0.8, and changes the RGB color for the direct light. See image below for more detail.

***$$$***$$$***$$$***

If all done, let's do a final render now, and see the changes. :)

Viola! :D We've done! :D

***$$$***$$$***$$$***

So that is short tutorial by me, I'm sorry if there's an confusing explanation caused by my English. Just ask if there's a part that you don't understand. :wink:

Regards, Hastantyo.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby zoot » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:49 pm

That is an amazing tutorial. I will use it when I render! Thanks, Hastantyo!
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Postby Zac4084 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:42 am

Hastantyo! So nice to see you again! Amazed, as always!

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:31 am

Nice render tutorial!! :D
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby hastantyo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:07 am

Thanks pals! :) I've made new render again. :mrgreen:

Cheers! :)
Last edited by hastantyo on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:47 am

Beautiful render, great work Hastantyo. Looks like a photo with artistic filters.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:25 am

Genius.. GENIUS! That is absolutely superb! :D
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby hastantyo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Thanks pals! :D :D I've made some new renders again. :mrgreen:

Merged new car model to the current scene.

Here is the background scene that I've used to render.

IDK about this one, just mixing them up. Hope you like it. :)

Regards, Hastantyo. :)

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:04 pm

The second one is most realistic, first one is most EYE POPPING :D, third one is most.... of everything! :lol: :D

I adore you and your renders hastantyo! You've still got it!!! :D :D
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Great new rendering, but the third one it's really amazing! :) Very good work as always. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby hastantyo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Thanks pals! :D I'm really appreciate that. :) Anyway, is it only me who posted the most render pictures in here? Where is others? I'd like to see yours too. :)

Hm, try to learn how to make Glowing Effect using Arch & Design Material Shader. How its like? :roll:

The lights and blur effects wasn't from Photoshop. :wink:

Regards, Hastantyo. :)

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:06 pm

Very nice renders! How do you make these?
-Seahawk

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:35 pm

Great renders and work once again! :) Realistic look for the headlights on.
Anyway, is it only me who posted the most render pictures in here? Where is others? I'd like to see yours too. :)
Evidently nobody else it's doing 3D renders to show. I used to make some until some years ago.
Very nice renders! How do you make these?
If you read the tutorial in the first post of this topic you can see that he has used 3ds Max 2010 program. You'd even replied to that tutorial, and it's hard to don't notice it, however.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:23 am

Ok.
-Seahawk

sajmon14