[RELEASED] 2009 BMW X6

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:25 pm

Ah, you mean the 3D objects (bound, shadow and lights) that are base for any MM2 car. I'll PM you mine.

What Zac says about the textures is good to do. I prefer to don't use basenames short more than 3 characters.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Radu-Cristian
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Radu-Cristian » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:09 am

thanks franch, but i took the needed parts from Tourismo..
here are some ingame pics..

but it has a problem.. hlight_h and/or headlight0_H:m & hl..1H:m doesnt appear in game.. any ideas?
[img]https://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7841/sharonicasig.png[/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:15 am

Very nice look in-game, and interesting rear lights textures, they're nice. The rear lights can be better placed: the reverse lights are the internal white lights part, and the tail and stop lights can be moved more up.

Indeed, you could take the MM2 vehicle base objects from your bus, but is always better have the ones appropriate for a car.
About the problem with the headlights objects, seems that's related with wrong axis, have you centered them? In ZModeler, select all the objects, press SEL button and use the tool Display...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Radu-Cristian
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Radu-Cristian » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:20 am

glow's are from NFS shift
well i knew that but.. anytime i want to make 2 glows per headlight give's me troubles.. here is how it is in Zmod.. have any idea?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:49 am

No, that can't be made, because in MM2 isn't possible to use more than 2 glows for the headlights. There are two headlight objects, called HEADLIGHT0_H:m and HEADLIGHT1_H:m, that are for the two headlights glows position visible only in evening and night times, and the most important thing of them is their axis. So, if you make them how they're in that picture and you center their axis, the axis will be moved pretty between the polygons for the glows, and in-game the glow will be visible where the axis have been centered. The HLIGHT_H object isn't really required, it needs if you want to color the lights in a different way, I think, but doesn't work if you use a different texture.
If you really want to put the fog lights glows you have to attach them to the tail lights TLIGHT_H object, and assign them a transparent different texture, with the glow texture with the _ni suffix at the file name end, to be visible only in night times in-game.

I see that you've made also the _M and _VL LOD copies for wheels and BODY objects; they aren't really needed, the _H and _L ones are enough, and the car will be the same visible in all the distances. Doing this you'll get a littler .pkg file. If you have used different objects with a scalable polygons number and quality for them (like is for the default game cars, for example), is ok to do that.

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:10 am

I'm suprised.. I thought it would actually fail.

Change the grill, and fog light border texture, it doesn't look so well.

Radu-Cristian
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Radu-Cristian » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:30 am

@Franch: ive made how you said, but is ugly to see projectors(foglights) light up when u press brake... but i realise it use my custom glow during day time, anywayz...

also i saw there is a new PKG filter(by Maxoff, i think) for zmod, where i can find it? i use only the original filter wich comes with zmod kit

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:42 am

I know that's ugly to see that, that's why I've told you to make the texture for them invisible (that's with a completely black alpha channel, always in TGA format) and then make the original texture with the glow as night version adding the _ni suffix to the file name. PM me if you want to know more.
Yeah, any texture you use for the headlights object, in-game will be always used the default fxltglow texture. Only the material color change works, to get the headlights glow with a different color, like is made in some add-on cars.

The Maxoff's PKG Filter is available here. It works only with the 1.07b version of ZModeler and has new great features, like the possibility to remove the game reflections from the materials that you want, check here for know how to do.

Radu-Cristian
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Radu-Cristian » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:55 am

@Franch: You have a base model for dash?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:22 pm

You have a base model for dash?
Yeah, I have the model base to make the dashboard, it's the one that I always use for my dashboards. You can make your own by importing and editing the dashboard .pkg file that the MM2 Dashboard Placer program creates.
Anyway, if you follow the VW-Tuner-Oburg's tutorial that I've linked to you some days ago, isn't required the dashboard model editing, all is done through edit the textures and objects parameters with MM2 Dashboard Placer program, but is always better do this.
For any question to me you can well PM me. :wink:

lzr_sl2007
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby lzr_sl2007 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:42 am

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oHNMJb][img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3836/14912954210_7a7c71f043_o.jpg[/img][/url]

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby hastantyo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:39 pm

Radu-Cristian
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Radu-Cristian » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:50 pm

No regrets, but i dont like those POV's i will like a view like it was for TDU..:?, a true 1st person view, i will see what i can make.. i dont want to make like driver was drunk and he is lean on right.. (a view from middle of dash)... :cry: .. i hope you get my idea

For example: take a look at Franch's dash for Dacia Logan. :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:38 am

I've offered myself to improve this very nice car, and I've almost finished it. The improvements are about the 3D model, its conversion to MM2, its textures, the lights, the sounds adding, the tuning, the using of a custom shadow, the using of the original colors and other minor ones. Actually the tuning need more work.
Here how now the car looks in-game.

Image Image Image

I like a lot the combination of that red glow with the custom lights texture, but maybe for the rear lights of this car isn't so appropriate, because they're LED lights.
I would make a dashboard for this car, it's really worth, but this of course takes time.

Radu-Cristian, you mean the kind of dashboard view that I call full dashboard, if you're talking about my first car conversion; sincerely I don't like so much that view too, but it's interesting for the MPVs, and when I use it is because there aren't other pictures to use. Is pretty the same with those BMW X6 dashboard photos, that have a more normal view (the default game cars have pretty this kind of view). The driver type is adapt for some kind of cars, like the high performances ones.

Radu-Cristian
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Radu-Cristian » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 am

Really nice job, :wink: the job with t-light -you read my mind- is going to be a nice conv... Franch's style :!: