The Mirror Universe Mod

A new car/mod!

<t>Are you interested?</t>

Heck yeah! Can't wait for the release!
67%
I may try it if I have some time.
17%
It looks interesting, but not interesting enough.
17%
This idea sucks. I'm not trying it.
No votes

Total votes: 12
dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

The Mirror Universe Mod

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:43 pm

Are you up for a new challange? A compleatly different perspetive of your cities? Then this mod is for you! :D

I have made a special edition of the Audi TT. Why that car? I donno, it was on my mind. Anyway, it is a standalone version of the default TT, so that it doesn't conflict with other things. I This version allows you to see, and drive around the cities of MM2, mirrored! Simpily activate the Rear View Mirror, and you are in the mirrored version of the city! If you are playing in Multiplayer, the car will look as if it where driving normally! The only issue is the arrow on the map will be backwards... Anyway, here are a few shots...

But, naturally, this comes with some bugs. Firstly, this car was NOT designed to be driving in a non-mirrored way. If you want to, you will have to deal with backwards cameras, and you will have to invert your steering. Turn the wheel right to go left basicly. Turning the car is slightly tricky. It handles turns like the Beetle RSi, which means that is veers in the direction you are turning, after you turn for about a second. This is unavoidable. 1 more thing, the map isn't visible while driving in the mirror city.

Anyway, this is still in production. Release will come soon!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:45 pm

Nice, now I've got how you've done it, it's very easy. Since the sizes of the rear mirror of any car can be adjusted, you've made it so large to fit all the screen, right? Maybe there could be some viewing problems with the various screen resolutions, but it's looking good so far. So the mirror covers the hudmap, but not the hud and the top arrow in the races; the car is not visible too, of course. Yeah, another thing is that you have to invert the steering assigned keys/axis settings.
This is a genial thing to play any environment in MM2 in a new way, great! :wink: Never thought about the possibility to do a similar thing, and as I see, you're the only one that has proposed it after so long time. :)
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby HummersRock » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Hey that's a cool mod. :lol:
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:11 pm

I have tested it on all of the screen resolutions, wide and normal. It works fine. :)

I would like a few beta testers for this. I'm about done, but I'd like to see if it works for other people. Go ahead and PM me, but I'd like no more than 3. I'll post here when I have 3, so if you dont see me saying so, PM me of you wanna beta test it. :wink:

BTW, I discovered another bug. The headlights are backwards. The reason for this is because I had to flip it for it to look like it wasn't flying in reverse. I tried removing the lights, but it just crashed MM2. So, again, this is an unavoidable bug.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Postby matt1314 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:15 pm

Haha, now that's crazy! Looks interesting. :)

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:21 pm

If wanna make HEADLIGHT object invisible move the headlight very far away, other light objects cant be just scaled to smaller ones

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:25 pm

Nice idea sajmon! However, that also gave me another idea... I'll post here if it works or not.

Anyway, I have 2 testers as of right now. If anyone else wants to, PM me. I will wait until wendsday at the latest for someone to contact me.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:07 am

Well, it sure has been awhile. However, the mod has finally been uploaded! :D
You can download it here.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:10 am

Thanks for this great and original idea, only you could think about it. :wink: Is nice to see that in MM2 is still possible create new interesting things.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Postby matt1314 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:09 pm

Nice release, I like the idea. :D