Dragmadness V1

Ultimate drag racing

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:27 pm

The new 2000 Mini Cooper paintjobs look good. Keep up the nice work with this mod. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

LTV_boss
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 15 years

Postby LTV_boss » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:12 pm

I've got a problem. (sorry if there is already a topic for this, but im in a real hurry) Is there possible to make animated dashes for the default cars? And if yes, how to make?
ImageBest sig Evah.

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:57 pm

You mean like moving video in Classic Madness Pleasant Villle or my Impreza NOS? If yes, it's possible. Just open your dash model in zmodeler and put texture called for example yourname_dash
out the texture folder. In texture folder just put files like yourname_dash-0001,0002 and that will make animation. You must also create movie file in tune folder

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:22 pm

Of course is possible create animated dashboards, and the animation is limited only for the textures, as limit of the game. The way to make animated textures is always the sme like Sajmon says, but to create animated objects, like the wipers, you have to use a more complex system. Animations in dashbaords aren't a new thing, there are already some cars with animated things, like indeed the wipers, and in some HQTM-Team cars also the hazard and the indicators in reverse.
Would be very nice have some animations on your new dashboards for the in-game cars of this mod. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

LTV_boss
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby LTV_boss » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:50 pm

yeah i was thinking about hqtm cars, like their peugeot (406 or 407, dont remeember hows it called XD) it has animated screen in middle dash.
I'm now making the animation textures...
ImageBest sig Evah.

LTV_boss
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby LTV_boss » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:20 am

ImageBest sig Evah.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:38 am

Nice screenshot and Cadillac Eldorado paintjob. Keep up the good work with this mod. :wink:

_AhMeT_
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

Great Mod

Postby _AhMeT_ » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:35 pm

great mod but can i play with this mod in Voobly[IGZ]???????????

LTV_boss
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby LTV_boss » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:09 pm

Well you can but it still needs lots of work.
ImageBest sig Evah.

LTV_boss
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby LTV_boss » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Lately i have been working on this mod around 5 hours per day, and i got many errors and things that fail.. i need help.
I'll start with this one:
I edited the gear numbers tex files. In the end, gear 4 for example looked like this Image
But in game it doesnt appear.. it replaces old numbers with a small white square :( I think i saved it with the right settings, 32 bit, no compress rle, etc..
Can this be fixed?
ImageBest sig Evah.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:55 pm

If the texture for the fourth gear appears white in-game is because it isn't present or probably it has a wrong file name, check it better. Also, use the right square sizes that are multiple of 16.
Good work with the mod.

LTV_boss
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby LTV_boss » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:55 pm

I have checked the names of texture files and they are all right.
I resized them to 48x48 (this is multiple of 16 right?) and it still appears white..
I dunno if these texture files need to be ONLY 16x16? or is it possible to change default square size? Because 16x16 is way little. :?:
ImageBest sig Evah.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:25 pm

The size of 48x48 pixels could be good, but usually isn't used, and it could result a deformed texture in-game (like happens with the dashboard ones). Use 32x32 pixels, or to don't lost quality, increase them to 64x64 pixels.
BTW, because of the texture file sizes they can't result white in-game. Make sure to save them in .tex format with all the proper settings like all the mipmaps and to use the same file names of the respective game textures, if want to replace them.

LTV_boss
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby LTV_boss » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Well, i give up to edit the gearnumbers, it just always fail :( ... anyway is it posible to change the location and settings of dash needles for default cars? And if yes, whats the easier way to do it?
BTW theres the vehicle showcase, still unfinished:
ImageBest sig Evah.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:35 pm

The progress with this mod is still on, good work. :wink: Yeah, there's still to do with the vehicle showcase menu, but the background is ok. :wink:
You can edit the in-game cars dashboards using the MM2 Dashboard Placer program, you'll need to get all the dashboard files (.pkg file, .mtx files, textures and .asnode file, this last is the one to edit with the program). It's ok to change the positions of all the dashboard elements objects. I did the same too once. :wink: