Siren

Chaing siren on fire truck

oddball009
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Siren

Postby oddball009 » Sun May 31, 2009 10:28 am

Hi, I am new! so please be gentle. I have searched and searched and want to know if I can change the siren on any of the fire trucks to a wav file. I know there is probable a thread somewhere on here but I can not seem to find it. Thanks a bunch for any help.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Sun May 31, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi and welcome on board.

Of course you can change the in-game sounds, to do so, you need to make a new AR file (using as new addon), correctly renamed with some "!!" to replace the default sounds (or others used from another patch). So, make a new ZIP file (with the help of WinZip), then rename it as "!!patch_new_firetruck_sounds.ar".

Now you need to put in this archive, your own WAV file. First of all, create some new empty folders. Rename them as "aud", "aud22", "sirens". Put the "sirens" folder to the "aud22", then put this "aud22" to the "aud" one. Now here's the folders hierarchy folder : aud > aud22 > sirens, right ?

Finally convert the new WAV file as 16 bits (CD), 22.050 Hz (22Kz), mono (1), WAV PCM from any audio converter. Put this file to the "sirens" folder.

The last step is simple, open the AR file and add it the "aud" folder (include the aud22 with sirens and the wav file).

BTW I forgot to specify the right name for this siren file, you must name it as "firetrucksiren.22k.wav".

It's not really evident (because you've never made this kind of things before something else and because my english sucks too) :)

PS : you can download some sirens mods available from this page to know more about them.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sun May 31, 2009 4:54 pm

I think that he means to make them different then the police cars, like to make 2 different sirens. In this case, no. The sirens can only be changed if you are in a different city. :)

oddball009
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby oddball009 » Sun May 31, 2009 6:43 pm

I dont really use the police cars that much so that siren can change too. I dont like the current siren so whats the easiest way to change it to a wav file. thanks

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years

Postby wilder » Sun May 31, 2009 7:27 pm

Search in the web and try to find some good siren sounds
I remember this good website
https://www.universal-soundbank.com/

Than get a program to convert your file to wav
I use Free MP3 WMA Converter

Maybe you need also to change some info in
Aud/cardata/player/sfpolicesiren.csv or londonpolicesiren.csv

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun May 31, 2009 8:54 pm

The sirens sounds of an MM2 vehicle are related to both the game cities, SF and London, not to each vehicle that use them. So, the sirens used in SF and in London being different will be different also to the used vehicle with sirens played in one of the cities.
If you want to change the sirens sounds in SF or London download and edit one of the sirens mods like this and change the .wav files keeping the same file names, and you should also edit the .csv files for the sounds playing settings.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

oddball009
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby oddball009 » Sun May 31, 2009 9:21 pm

well I uninstalled the program and then reinstalled it. Played it bone stock just fine, but now if I down load a car and add it to the file the graphics go all haywire... I have tried uninstalling it and add the files again but with no luck... guess I cant add anything to mine anymore.

oddball009
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby oddball009 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:35 am

Well its all working now... dont know what happened. Changed the siren for the fire truck!! very cool. Dose any one know why the fire truck dose not have its own siren. Its modded to have the same one as the police car.... even though if you go in it has its own wav file?? Is there a way to change that in the vehicle lines?? or the city?? Thanks for all the help I did not know there was a still a following to this game.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:28 pm

I've the same problem with the new Ambulance and Firetruck that I'm converting for MM2. When you add a new siren sample, this one replace the Police one, so when you play with a Firetruck, the cops have the same siren :? The game didn't handle separately this feature.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:25 pm

I've noticed that some sirens mod can give some problems like the not working of them to the city cop cars; it should be given by the presence or more than one sirens sound mods. Anyway, each sirens sound is related with the city, not with the vehicles that use them. So, for example, using the same vehicle with sirens you'll get some sirens sound in SF and others in London, and this is also for the city cop cars.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|