Ultimate Tweaker Limits

Which values are not editable through tweaker?

bobrofilin
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Ultimate Tweaker Limits

Postby bobrofilin » Mon May 25, 2009 2:54 pm

I downloaded Ultimate Tweaker, modded few cars and noticed following.
1. If i tune two different cars with the same parameters, they still handle differently.
So, the question is, how to tune handling, and can i make horsepower over 10000 and rpm over 20000. Using maximum values allowed, my car still can't make it over 270 kph. I heard it is possible to do over 600. Can you somehow help me.
P.S.
Sorry for my bad english. Help appreciated =)

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Mon May 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Yes, you should be able to make the car go over 270kph. I've seen cars that go 1000kph....or is it mph? You might have to increase the Horsepower, TopSpeed or lower the mass values.

Anyway, the universal tweaker doesnt allow you to control all the values in the tuning files. Only the important ones. The unchanged values may be the reason for two cars with the same tuning parameters set by you, still handle differently. Also, the model itself has an effect on the tuning. Some cars are short, some are long. The distance between the wheels contribute to this difference.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

bobrofilin
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby bobrofilin » Mon May 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Thanks!
I faced another problem. I tried to open vehicle, .ar archieve, but in both windows and mac it says that file is corrupted. Is there any special software to work with this type of archieves?

After some research i found that this error occures only on car models, and from riva and hqtm. I still can open some cop cars and "New York City" archieve.

I think cars are somehow protected, so, any suggestions?

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:21 pm

Yes, you're in this. People have a special software protecting their own creations from stealing of parts of the car/track/mod and illegal modifications. So you can't extract anything out of it, except when it's not locked. :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:27 pm

With MM2 Ultimate Tweaker program is possible to edit any add-on car, also the locked ones, but can happen that some .ar files of add-on cars can't be opened with it because of the way that they have been made (for exmple, the .ar file has been made with WinZip instad of WinRar or 7Zip with ZIP compression). However, this program has some limits, and isn't possible to edit all the values of the tuning files, especially the handling ones. Also, isn't possible to exceed a such value probably because that's the same game limit for the respective value.

The locked .ar files are impossible to open with archives manager programs, and this has been made for safety to prevent content stealing. So it's normal if you don't see any file in them or the program gives an extracting error.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

kylej866
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby kylej866 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Not just Riva and HQTM Team have the locker. Most all current car converters have this program. Including Franch, myself, zac, etc.
[url=https://biohazardgaming.net/kylejdesign/][img]https://i50.tinypic.com/bgz8nl.jpg[/img][/url]

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:02 pm

Most all of the makers/converters really need this IMO. Otherwise, people will go digging through the car pkg's, and other folders, do things to the car, release it, and said they made it. Thats one thing I hate.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Tue May 26, 2009 1:17 am

Locking a MM2 car is a good point for the original authors because most of the time they don't want to see their locked work (from their video game such as GTA, Mafia, Racer) unlocked from NFS or MM2 :? More, we can protect the textures too.

bobrofilin
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby bobrofilin » Tue May 26, 2009 4:03 pm

And, sorry for the offtopic, but which values affect the car handling and speed, and are the most important?
Here is what I found, correct me, if I'm wrong.

Horsepower: acceleration of the car and the power, sure. Rarely goes over 10000.
RPM parameters: affects transmission of the car.
Cornering radius and weight are clear to understand.

Now, I'm looking for lines which are important for adjusting car to drift, or to keep the road exactly as I want it to.

And the main question, how does some cars go over 600 mph. Where is that parameter.

I guess it is "TorqueCoef".

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Silent1Unknown » Tue May 26, 2009 5:44 pm

There is a tutorial explaining all or most of the values. Check here.

Probably, the top speed of your car is limited by the "High" value which is found under the "Trans" section.

To adjust drift the easy way, you need to open the other file called the vehgyro. There is a value called "Drift", change that. If you want more intricate results, you have to change a variety of values from the vehcarsim file, such as tire frictions, angvelocities, handbrakes, perhaps momentum and similar things.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE