For 2009: Shift, Nitro, World Online, unknown

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Four new NFS games announced

Postby Franch88 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:27 am

Some days ago Electronic Arts published the news and the first teaser pictures about the developing of three new and different NFS games plus a secret one.
The first and probably most important title is Need For Speed: Shift, a more simulative racing game developed by Slightly Mad Studios (SimBin). It there will be for the platforms PS3, Xbox 360, PC and PSP. From the published picture it looks awesome with a very nice graphic that reminds Race Driver GRID game by Codemasters.
The second title is called Need For Speed: Nitro, and it'll be a more arcade driving racing game made exclusively for Nintendo DS and Wii.
The other announced title is called Need For Speed: World Online, and it's focused on the online playing world, a bit like Test Drive Unlimited game. Co-developed by EA Singapore and Black Box, it'll be available only in Asia in the Summer of 2009; maybe, if it'll get a good success, it should be sold in the rest of the world.
No news about the secret title, except the possible one that's in making by the EA Black Box.

A news about this announcement with the first three pictures is available at AutoGaming.net website here.

Post your impressions about this choice done by the Elecronic Arts. I think that this isn't a good choice, because well four games means that now this game series is pretty dead; the EA wants to give more choice giving different type of racing games, but for me this choice won't be the good one to revive this games series. The latest NFS games have progressly lost sales, especially the last one, NFS Undercover, with only 0.9 million of copies sold in US.
For me was better the choice to release only one NFS game after two years the release of NFS Undercover, maybe developed by the Criterion. Anyway, these new games, especially Shift, are promising.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dageek
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dageek » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:47 am

Yay NFS with dashboards!
[url=https://www.dageek.webs.com][img]https://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/photobukcet_dageek/Avatars/LamboSig.jpg[/img][/url]

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Postby matt1314 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:24 am

Well, maybe Undercover wasn't so successful, because it was too similar to Most Wanted, maybe the new ones, including the secret one, would be more successful in selling, so we'll see. :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Well, maybe Undercover wasn't so successful, because it was too similar to Most Wanted, maybe the new ones, including the secret one, would be more successful in selling, so we'll see. :wink:
NFS Undercover had to be better than NFS Most Wanted, but it has been a discreet game, without successful new features (I enjoyed more the Most Wanted police chasings). The feature of the undercover missions is pretty bad made (it copies a bit from the Driver games series IMO); it's a bit the most important feature of that game, giving to the races less importance. Also, the whole career with that Hollywood movies style for the views, videos and so on, let show all the commercial side of the Electronic Arts, that doesn't give anymore a very good game all developed by they (this is true also for other EA developed games).

The new NFS Shift is promising, but if it'll be a real racing game too similar to GTR, Race Driver GRID and others, where's gone the real NFS arcade game style? Maybe it won't have neither a tuning section, one of the best features of the recent NFS games.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:44 am

News about these new Need for Speed games.
Has been showed nine screenshots of the game Need For Speed: World Online, with also its logo; four are of cars, and they are the same models of the previous NFS games, and the other five are of characters. Actually this online game, exclusive for the Asia, is in a testing phase. Here the news with the pictures from AutoGaming.net and NFSItalia.com websites.
About the simulative game, NFS Shift, has been showed eleven new in-game screenshots, but their resolution is low. Anyway, the website Hungarian Sim World has removed them because weren't for public release, but actually they are available here at GamesRadar.it website. There are also some news about its features: there will be 80 cars, 15 tracks between real and city tracks, like Brands Hatch and London, and an advanced AI for the opponent cars. The release is planned for autumn 2009.

My comment is that this new game, NFS Shift, looks a very nice racing game, similar to Race Driver GRID, but a such game can't have the Need for Speed name. With this, the series is now ruined...

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Postby Riva » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Damn each time I read NFS Shift, I see NFS Shit ... (no joke) :?

dageek
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dageek » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Same here. Maybe NFS Shit, sorry, SHIFT wont be shit.
[url=https://www.dageek.webs.com][img]https://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/photobukcet_dageek/Avatars/LamboSig.jpg[/img][/url]

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Postby matt1314 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:17 pm

I hope they'll soon make some more interesting NFS Series, which are more successful. :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:05 am

New 8 gameplay pictures, this time in high quality and resolution, of NFS Shift. The game looks very nice with a realistic graphic, and the dashboard view is simply great. Here the news with these pictures from AutoGaming.net website.
About NFS World Online, some days ago was revealed its gaming interface. This interface is made with windows and gadgets that can be moved as the user wants, useful to who uses a dual screen configuration. Here the news with a gameplay picture of this interface (it look NFS Most Wanted for me) from AutoGaming.net website.
Damn each time I read NFS Shift, I see NFS Shit ... (no joke) :?
Maybe EA decided to use that name for that purpose. :lol: :P

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:45 pm

In the last days, EA has revealed the release date of NFS Shift: it'll be out in 1September 17th in Europe and in September 22nd in North America.
There are also 12 new screenshots taken from the trailer video, available here, and the first teaser trailer video, available here, both at AutoGaming.net website.
Has been launched also the new official website dedicated to this game with news, pictures, videos and more; it's available at this address: shift.needforspeed.com.

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby hastantyo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:04 pm

this game, is the best enviroment from the NFS History! very very realistic, exeeding from NFS Pro Street, NFS Undercover and Midnight Club LA! we can see the real of live, in this game. detailed texture, trees, cars, buildings, misc, sky, reflections, projected shadow, great 3d dashboard, driver anim, best gauge, great digital tachometer in dasboard, best light effects (lamp, headlight, tailight), deflextion light effects on the car and perfect gamma correction! very very realistic! best graphics enviroment!

and here is the system requirements of NFS SHIFT game. very crazy! 8O i dunno it will work well in my laptop. :roll:

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby HummersRock » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 pm

I will be surprised if the recommended requirements are really enough to run this game on max graphics at 30fps.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:32 pm

Thanks for the info about NFS Shift Hastantyo. My PC fits well with its recommended requests, only the RAM memory isn't the right quantity for Windows Vista; it requires 3 GB with that OS, while I have 2 GB.
In that website there are some recent in-game screenshot, and the quality of the game is high, especially with the graphic. The driving will be more simulative. I hope that this will be a worth NFS game to get, also because sounds to be the best one of the announced and showed three. The release date will be the 17th of September for Europe, the 22th of September for North America and the 24th of September for Australia.

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years

Postby wilder » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:16 pm

Hmm , I'm waiting for only NFS World Online. I don't really like the idea of NFS Shift (look too much like Toca Race Driver 3 ) so no police ! no nitro ...

andreas92
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Postby andreas92 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:59 pm

When will this game be released ?

And will there be a "cruising" option ? Just driving in the city, and not race ;)