Zmodeler PKG Filter problem.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Zmodeler PKG Filter problem.

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:30 pm

I'm having a problem with Maxoff's PKG filter. After I extract pkg.zmf, the PKG filter doesn't appear in Zmodeler. :( I tried reinstalling it, and Zomdeler then using it, but it still didn't work. I'm using v1.07b. Can anyone help?

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Nothing special to do, when both files (Pkg.txt & pkg.zmf) are put from the filters folder of ZM, start it, then choose from the file menu, "export" > change the type to "Midtown Madness 2 (2006.02.27) (*.pkg)". Now you've the new options.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:53 pm

The PKG filter just isn't there. After I extracted it from the zip file, is didn't appear in the drop down menu. I think it might be corrupted. However, I have been using the filter for a long time now, and it just very recently disappeared for no reason, so I tried reinstalling Zmodeler, then this filter, and the problem is still there. I have no idea why it is doing this.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Re: Zmodeler PKG Filter problem.

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:27 pm

I'm having a problem with Maxoff's PKG filter. After I extract pkg.zmf, the PKG filter doesn't appear in Zmodeler. :( I tried reinstalling it, and Zomdeler then using it, but it still didn't work. I'm using v1.07b. Can anyone help?
I'm having exactly the same problem with the Maxoff's PKG filter in my other PC with Windows Vista. To solve it I delete all the program folder (it's not installed) and then I re-copy my ZModeler 1.0.7b folder from my PC. I've also the original program one, renamed as pkg2.zmf, but the problem isn't given because of the use of two files of the same filter.
I don't know for what reason this happens, it happens after some times having used this filter. Maybe trying to remove the zmodeler.ini file from the Windows folder besides restore all the program settings would also solve this problem, but it would return. :roll:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:26 pm

Do you have Vista DB ? (if I can call you just like that) :oops:

I tried for the second time to use this filter and I didn't have errors (I'm using XP SP3).

If you remove the new one, the old appears from the export menu ?

Maybe you should write to Maxoff concerning this problem.

But maybe it's just a problem with Vista :?

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:36 am

I don't have vista, just XP. :wink: After I rebuilt my laptop, the new PKG filter won't work properly. :? This is a very strange problem. I'll try to PM Maxoff, and see if he knows anything. Thanks for your help, guys. :)

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:59 pm

If you remove the new one, the old appears from the export menu ?

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:01 pm

Yes. I also can't import with the new one.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:09 pm

Argh, so this new filter corrupted the old one :(

And indeed you can't fix ZM by reinstalling it (or maybe you must manually clean the register database to remove all traces of this software) because I remember my first bugs with ZM 1.05, it was a pain to use this one even by reinstalling it or by installing from another folder, newest version :?

Maybe Maxoff can help you.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:51 pm

That's a more complicated problem than the one that I have. Actually I see as the best solution the one to uninstall the ZModeler and re-install it to then place the Maxoff's filter renaming the file, to don't replace the program one.
About the try to remove the zmodeler.ini file from the Windows folder to solve this problem, I think that it doesn't work.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:02 pm

Yeah, it didn't work. I'll try to do the other thing you said.

Edit: What you said didn't work, Franch. :( I've sent a PM to Maxoff to see if he can help.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:05 pm

I've sent a PM to Maxoff to see if he can help.
Good choice, is better to let know to Maxoff this problem if he doesn't know it. But I doubt that he can release a fixed version of his PKG filter. :roll:

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:11 pm

I never said he would release a new version, Just help fix the porblem. :wink:

Maks12
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Postby Maks12 » Sun May 24, 2009 2:53 am

Hey it is a little bit late but i can remember that niggie has send me 2 .dll files who will be placed in the system32 folder and in the Zmodeler folder.

and i can remember that these two files will solve the problem with the not appearing filter in the dropdown list.

should i upload them ?
[url=https://mns-creations.gta-nightlife.de/index.php?style=2][img]https://mns-creations.gta-nightlife.de/img/partner/MNS-Creations_logo_2.gif[/img][/url]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sun May 24, 2009 6:09 pm

You could email them to me. I'll try them. :D

EDIT: Problem solved!!! :D Those dll files you sent me fixed the problem! It also fixed the error I was having in this topic! You're great maks, thanks alot! :D