Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Postby StanOfGB » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:39 am

Very good improvements :)

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Postby matt1314 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:56 pm

Amazing job, looks great! Would it be possible to make the Brooklyn Bridge drivable?

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:07 pm

I think yes but not with traffic

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby HummersRock » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:08 pm

Yeah he could do what dummiesboy did, just add a pkg object that is texture like the bridge. I think he would also have to remove one or two buildings though.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Ultrastar
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Ultrastar » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:14 pm

I have download this track (New York), and i have play with Panoz IRT.
When i use nitro, my car can go to the top of the buildings...
And the car through walls ! Very strange...

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Postby matt1314 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:25 pm

I think yes but not with traffic
Yeah, of course it wouldn't be possible to add traffic, but just that you're able to drive on it. :)

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:35 pm

I have download this track (New York), and i have play with Panoz IRT.
When i use nitro, my car can go to the top of the buildings...
And the car through walls ! Very strange...
That happens to most of add on cities

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:47 pm

Yeah, it would be nice to drive on the bridge. You might want to adjust the scale though, it seems like the towers are far to close to each other.

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby SuperSecret » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:36 pm

I just looked at some photos of the real Brooklyn Bridge (here is a photo), and effectively the MM2 reproduction is not accurate: the real bridge has only 2 towers, the first is placed in the river, and the second is placed on the other side of the river, while the reproduction has 3 towers, none of which placed correctly (the third tower of the reproduction is placed where is placed the first tower of the real bridge). I will try to remake the bridge.
About the driveability of the bridge, since the city is a reproduction of Manhattan, and not of the entire New York, the bridge was intentionally made inaccessible (I can try to create a secret passage modifying the bound file of the building that hides the initial part of the bridge).

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:45 pm

I thought it was incorrect, but I had no idea they could fail that badly. :P

About making the bridge drivable, why not remove the basket ball court (I think that's what's there...), and buildings, and create a new road that leads directly to it?
And about what would be on the other side, I know you modeled those background buildings, so why not make a few roads back there? The rest could be blocked off by the leftover construction barriers in the core files.
And then about there being no traffic, you could do the same at the beginning of the bridge, construction barriers. Make it seem like that whole section is blocked off from regular traffic.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:54 pm

You're right SuperSecret, and good ideas too. Is ok make a kind of hidden ramp where the player car can climb on and so get on the bridge. If the Brooklyn Bridge isn't neither well reproduced is well clear that's made only to be a background object, also because the Midnight Club New York City is only the Manhattan quarter.
I don't think that SuperSecret has modeled the background buildings, sure they're the same ones of the city edited and placed there by him; they look the same.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Yes, I used the buildings already present in the city to make the background buildings.
About making the bridge drivable, why not remove the basket ball court (I think that's what's there...), and buildings, and create a new road that leads directly to it?
And about what would be on the other side, I know you modeled those background buildings, so why not make a few roads back there? The rest could be blocked off by the leftover construction barriers in the core files.
And then about there being no traffic, you could do the same at the beginning of the bridge, construction barriers. Make it seem like that whole section is blocked off from regular traffic.
Better not, the result would be messed (the sidewalk of the existing road cannot be removed, as the objects already present on it).

Pabolo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 18 years 5 months
Poland

Postby Pabolo » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Well you are going up. Do not forget to add info who is the author of Snow Mod :wink:

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Update:

Total size of the .ar file reduced of about 2MB, converting the roads textures from RGB to 256 colors palette. (the quality is exactly the same)

Restored roadside parking lines. (removed accidentally in the 1.0 version)

Adding parked cars in the roadside parkings. (completed at 60%) (shown in the pic below)

Snow Mod progress: Remade the roads (to restore the roadside parking lines) and done part of the surfaces.

Radu-Cristian
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 15 years

Postby Radu-Cristian » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:54 pm

awsome job.. pls.. try to fix that bug when you use a custom car.. to dont get out from game :)
[img]https://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7841/sharonicasig.png[/img]