MM2 Revisited

V5.1 patch now released!

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

MM2 Revisited

Postby dummiesboy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:40 pm

Over the past year, I've been in progress of a new mod called MM2 Revisited. Here is a list of what it does.

1: It makes the visibility better from a distance on most objects in SF and London.

2: It improves the sound of some things too, like add ambient lights humming, and ventilation systems in the London Underground Stations. It also changes the intercom announcements in the stations to better ones left over.

3: I've added more details to objects, like the Bay Bridge, Underground Train, and cable cars.

4: It adds more sounds to some objects. There's more variety in the screams of pedestrians, impact sounds have been added to objects like dumpsters, stacked boxes, a few trashcans, and there are more thunder sounds for a rainy night.

5: Just like in my mod, "Dash Fix" it corrects the hanging problem in the dashes of the default cars.

6: It adds London cabs to the London traffic.

7: It also fixes the problem with the cable cars floating after they're derailed.

There are much more small fixes with this mod, but I would be typing for hours trying to tell you all of them. :wink:

Here are some links to screen shots of the mod.

https://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp27 ... 1229527819
https://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp27 ... 1229528132
https://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp27 ... 1229528153
https://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp27 ... 1229528189
https://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp27 ... 1229528213
https://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp27 ... 1229528237

If you want your MM2 game to look even better, then use this mod with the shader mod.
If anyone wants me to release this, then please tell me. :)
Last edited by dummiesboy on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 54 times in total.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:14 pm

Why do you ask? Of course release it! It's so nice, especially the Bay Bridge! :D

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Wow, 14 votes for yes in less than 20 minutes! 8O OK, I'll release it here today. :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:02 pm

If you make a so nice mod, why ask to release it? I've got the file and I'll publish it very soon. I'm going to try it. :wink:

Congrats to have made a very nice mod using and correcting only the in-game objects. :D The new sounds would make it more realistic.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:51 pm

If you make a so nice mod, why ask to release it?
I just wanted to know if anyone wanted it. :wink: Thank you for releasing it here. :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:30 pm

I've published it here. It's a very nice mod, I like a lot the new sounds of the London underground and of the night rainy time. :) New nice grass textures and great details for the important in-game cities buildings.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:45 pm

OK, I think I'll start on version 2 of MM2 Revisited. :) I noticed a few bugs, and even a missing texture in my first version. Here are a few things you can expect to see:

1: The missing texture.

2: Night textures for the barges and other boats.

3: A new water ripple sound replacing the old sea lion sound in San Francisco.

4: A new, better looking tree that was left over.

5: A new bound for the trees that fix the problem with you crashing into the leaves.

Screen shots coming soon. :)
PS: If anyone has any more ideas, feel free to tell me. I'll be sure to add your name in the Readme file. :wink:

EDIT: OK, I've got a few screen shots of my progress so far:

Night Textures For Boats
Where The Missing Texture Was
The New Trees
Let me know what you think. :)

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:28 pm

The night textures are looking really realistic, great work! And the new trees are also fitting well into the cities. I love your mod! :D One thing you could also add to the traffic, is the FedEx little van. Get the Advertising cars & trucks mod and see what I mean. The AMD and the Nestle little vans are in the traffic, but not the FedEx one yet. You could add it. :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Nice to use those not used trees of the game. :wink:
Is better to add these new features to the old one, so the second version is cumulative and there won't be the need to have both the versions installed. About the unused in-game objects, you could do more adding them. :)

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:01 pm

Thank you for your comments guys. I like the idea of the FedEx van. That would make it more realistic. I'll try replacing the Graffiti paint job with the FedEx paintjob. :) I'll also look for more, better unused objects.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:35 pm

OK, I've got the new FedEx truck paintjob. Here it is:

FedEx Truck
I know it's pretty close up, but you can still see it. :wink:
Thank you, matt1314 for the good idea. :)

Remember, any new ideas are welcome.

EDIT: I've found a new rain sound on my hard drive that sounds better, and has some distant thunder sounds. It sounds really good ingame.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:50 pm

Nice, improve it adding the most original features. :wink:
I'll also look for more, better unused objects.
I suggest to use them, but without exaggerate. For example, you can add to London the pole arrow signals, the kiosks and the restaurant signal PROPS objects. :)

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:46 pm

Good idea, but that would be too hard. I don't really know how to do it anyway. :lol:
I have come up with an idea to make it possible to bust down all of the gates in Buckingham palace. Maybe even make it possible to drive on the bay bridge.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:12 pm

Good idea, but that would be too hard. I don't really know how to do it anyway. :lol:
Oh, I thought that you could do it seeing your knowledges on MM2 modding. I think that I'll be able to add new PROPS objects to SF and London using the MM2 City Toolkit program, but I don't have still tried.
I have come up with an idea to make it possible to bust down all of the gates in Buckingham palace. Maybe even make it possible to drive on the bay bridge.
This idea is too exaggerated. :P The gates are INST objects and they're with the Buckingham palace PKG file, while the gate doors are separated PROPS objects, and they're movable. Will take lot of time make all the gates PROPS objects.
Great idea make the Bay Bridge drivable, but the traffic won't be there and you have to find a way to build the start (and the finish) of that bridge. You posted a topic about this. :P :wink:

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:25 pm

Oh, I thought that you could do it seeing your knowledges on MM2 modding. I think that I'll be able to add new PROPS objects to SF and London using the MM2 City Toolkit program, but I don't have still tried.
I probably should have been a little more specific. (again) :P I could do it, but I wouldn't know where to put some of the props. :wink: Also, I don't think that the idea about Buckingham palace it too exaggerated. I know that the gates are attached to the pkg file, and don't appear in Zmodeler, but I can easily convert the gates into props. :) They may behave a little differently, but not by much. And yes, I did post a topic about the Bay Bridge thing, but then I thought of a few problems. That's why I deleted it. However, I think I've found a way to work around them. That's why I said maybe. :P