MM2 City Toolkit importing problem

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

MM2 City Toolkit importing problem

Postby sajmon14 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:26 pm

When Im importing 3ds with my track(in MM2 city toolkit) textures are deleting from texture folder.What i have to do?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:32 pm

MM2 City Toolkit prgram automatically deletes any file from the Texture folder. You have to place them in a folder called _Texture; MM2CT will copy the texture files from that folder to the Texture folder renaming them, or also not.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:05 am

im creating new track,textures are now in the folder,but the track is white

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:11 pm

Put your textures from the _TEXTURE folder, then check each material for each texture (well assigned or not). Don't forget to have your textures without any prefix and with only max. 4 characters.

Example : Your track is called : Sajmon's City, you can use the "saj_" prefix, your roads textures can be named "roa0", "roa1" etc.

So when you'll import the *.3ds of this track from MM2CTK, the software during the PSDL export going to rename each textures (from _TEXTURE) to "saj_road0.tga" etc and also it put them in your TEXTURE folder (empty for your first using of MM2 CTK). It's an automatic feature (thanks Maxoff) ^^

By hoping that you understand what I mean.