Samsung Media Studio 5 Problem

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Samsung YP-S5 JA

Postby matt1314 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi everyone.

Since a short time I got a MP3-Player, the Samsung YP-S5 JA. JA is for 4GB. The music works well, but I can't load any video on my player. It supports the MPEG4 Video format. But to let the video play on my player, it must be converted to the *.svi format from the *.mpg format. :lol: So first I have to convert my *.avi video to *.mpg (I do it with Allok MPEG4 Converter) and then with Samsung Media Studio 5 to that *.svi format. But when I add my video file to the Videos list of this program and choose to convert the file, the progress is not moving, it's on 0%. After a few seconds the progress window closes and I don't get my converted *.svi video to load on the player. What should I do to convert the *.mpg file to the *.svi one? And maybe I'm converting to the wrong *.mpg format, because there are lots of them. E.g. MPEG1 - Custom MPEG-1 Format (*.mpg), MPEG2 - Custom MPEG-2 Format (*.mpg), VCD MPEG-1 Format (*.mpg), SVCD MPEG-2 Format (*.mpg) and DVD MPEG-2 Format (*.mpg).

Thanks.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:58 pm

This is similar to my old Nokia 5510 mobile phone, where it's included a program to convert the .mp3 files to a format used by the mobile phone music player.
So the program doesn't convert the .mpg file to its .svi file format, right? This format is just used by this MP3 player, and it's hard to find another same format converted.
Maybe you're converting a wrong type of .mpg file, since it has lot of settings. Make also sure that the .mpg file shouldn't too big, both for file and video sizes.

VCD MPEG-1 Format, SVCD MPEG-2 Format and DVD MPEG-2 Format are used in the optical supports with default settings of bitrate, video sizes, etc.; they're used respectly to record video CD, super video CD and DVD discs. You have to use the Custom MPEG-2 Format or the Custom MPEG-1 Format, so, make sure to choose this when you're converting to .mpg with Allok MPEG4 Converter.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:43 pm

But even if I convert my *.avi video file to the Custom MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 format, SMS 5 won't nevertheless convert it to the *.svi format. :cry: