The future of PC games

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Postby HummersRock » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:00 am

So I guess the $600-$1000 computer is correctly called Entertainment Computer? And the much, much pricier ones are, of course, called Gaming Computers.

If game companies are smart (or get smart), they will not stop making games for the pc. Look at the mm series, look at the gta series, look at 1nsane. If game companies allow games to be modable then they will get many, many more fans of their games.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:13 pm

A PC made for games cost between 2000$ and also 3500$. In this high cost are inclused the best CPU, graphic card and RAM memory; there's also a good LCD monitor, about 21".
A PC with all recent and performant components is very good for actual games and also for future games, at least 2 years.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Postby awalwang » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:07 pm

How much RAM do they have? 10 GB? I'd take THAT deal, no matter what the cost. :D

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:14 pm

Actual PC games like Crysis needs a powerful computer to be played. I know, the cost of DDR 2 RAM memory is very low now; you can but 4 GB of DDR 2 RAM memory at about 150$ (130
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:18 pm

Yep. You only need RAM for memory-draining games. And if you think MM2, you're not close. Think Mac games on PC. :roll: :P

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:40 pm

Quite all computer games are made for PC; and for PC I mean Windows as operative system.
There are very few games for Macintosh and Linux distributions. With these OS there are emulators to play Windows systems games.

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:00 am

Yea, that's true. BUT look at the graphics for those Mac games! Call of Dutys, Lego Star Wars, and others. The graphics surpass all game systems except for the PS3 and XBOX 260.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby HummersRock » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:48 am

Xbox 360. :P Quantity over quality I always think. Ha ha.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:06 am

I agree. That's how companies make money. :lol:

runfromthedogs
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby runfromthedogs » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:29 am

PC games wont die :)

it would be impossible to have massive multiplayers on console.maybe thats what a racing game needs..many online players MM style :(
Talkie Walkie

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:03 pm

Well, I guess that's true. But game systems may soon incorporate that, too.

SuperCommando
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby SuperCommando » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:40 am

PC games won't die, because pretty soon the console games will be at $89.99 and the consoles themselves will be $800 to $1200, (think next gen, ps4, xbox 540, etc.) Whilst the PC version will stay around $49.99/$59.99 Then it will be like back in the 1970's/80's when game consoles went bust, and PC's will come back as the best choice for gaming. (Since for $1,000 you can get a computer that plays games decent, and does everything else.) Then the cycle starts over again I'm sure, don't worry guys, the Home PC has solidified it's place in gaming for eternity.
Actual PC games like Crysis needs a powerful computer to be played. I know, the cost of DDR 2 RAM memory is very low now; you can but 4 GB of DDR 2 RAM memory at about 150$ (130 €).

PS: you can't use 10 GB of RAM memory. :P The limit is 8 GB with Windows Vista 64 bit. And too RAM memory is useless for daily PC uses. ;)
Since when? The RAM limit for XP/2003/Vista x64 is 128 TERAbytes, right now, psyhical hardware limits it to around 128GB. And you don't need some super computer to play crysis at good settings, I can play it with more then half the settings on "high" on our Dimension C521. (2GB RAM, 256 Radeon X1300 PRO, and AMD athlon 64 x2 @ 2.4ghz)

P.S. Windows Vista Direct X 10 is sure to bring in more game developers, compare crysis DX10 and a trulife display, against a Xbox 360 version and you'll see the difference, PC games can have Waaaaay better graphics.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:46 am

Only on Windows Vista 64 bit Basic there's the limit only 8 GB; on Home and Ultimate there's the 128GB limit. The same is for XP and 2003 x64 editions. Too RAM memory (like 8 GB) are very useless; you don't have the OS installed on it, and many multi-tasking processes won't take so much memory space.

Crysis won't run without lag at least at 1024x768 of screen resolution with good graphic quality; you need at least a Radeon HD 3870 or a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB.
You have to use a lower quality or you have to use the game settings to "high" and play it at leat at 800x600; you haven't wrote your screen resolution with your graphic card.
To play Crysis with exaggerated screen resolutions (like 1600x1200) and max details, a quad core CPU with 2 GB of RAM and an SLI of two Nvidia GeForce 8800 Ultra, will run the game with lag problems on too elaborated scenes.
The ATI radeon X1300 PRO is a too crappy graphic card to play the recent games. Is better at least the Radeon HD2600 Pro or XT to play any game with decent conditions, but the recent mid-range graphic cards are too far from the high-end/enthusiast ones.

The PC games graphic quality and technology won't be never under a game console.

SuperCommando
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby SuperCommando » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:05 am

Too RAM memory (like 8 GB) are very useless; you don't have the OS installed on it, and many multi-tasking processes won't take so much memory space.

Crysis won't run without lag at least at 1024x768 of screen resolution with good graphic quality; you need at least a Radeon HD 3870 or a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB.
You have to use a lower quality or you have to use the game settings to "high" and play it at leat at 800x600; you haven't wrote your screen resolution with your graphic card.

The ATI radeon X1300 PRO is a too crappy graphic card to play the recent games.

The PC games graphic quality and technology won't be never under a game console.
I can play crysis on my so-called "crappy graphics card" (The X1300) at 1280x1024 with almost everything set to max and have it playable, even the "elaborate" scenes, I've played through huge gun fights with nades everywhere with lag, but never so bad it was unplayable, and it plays smoothly most of the time. I didn't understand your last sentence. (for real)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:16 am

I don't have personally tried at least the demo of Crysis at my recent PC, because it isn't my game genre.
I've only read and seen some benchmarks of the recent graphic cards, an they doesn't run Crysis at a 1280x1024 screen resolution at max graphic setting without too lag.
For "elaborate" scenes I meant the scenes with too heavy graphic effect, like the explosions; usually these make a game lag.
I didn't understand your last sentence. (for real)
Is it "The PC games graphic quality and technology won't be never under a game console."?
I meant that the PC technology for games will be always on the game consoles, so it'll be never down the game consoles.