Riva's maps

[RELEASE] Powerslide Barrage

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby HummersRock » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:25 am

Nope. The value is probably the highest that they have the game allow. Although when tweaking you can make something higher then the game allows and it will read it as the highest allowed, it won't make it whatever your tweaking (like speed) any faster then the high value the game allows.

Confused? Well, sorry but I couldn't explain any better. Anyways, the value of the bound (or whatever) is the highest the game allows, making it so that no other highest values can brake the tree.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:01 am

That's basically what Franch88 is saying. The palm trees can not brake, but they are brakeables it's just they are VERY sturdy (I never knew that). Riva could try doing something like that.
Yes HummersRock, you've understood the concept. This can be done with the Mountain Pass trees, because seems that the PROPS or breakable objects use a different "bound" respect the object. Try to hurt the London tree's branches, the car will pass them.
Maybe you could take a car that's really fast (like Panoz-GTR-1), and infuse its stats (after tweaking it the enormous new weight amount) into a Komatsu 930E. Would the palm trees break then?
No, this isn't possible. The maximum possible value assigned to the PROPS/breakable object makes it not movable; also the SF pillars under the highway are unbreakable PROPS objects, give them a try. :)

PS: to learn more about MM2 props objects, download this catalog. ;)
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 17 years

Postby awalwang » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:30 am

Oh, okay. I didn't know. I thought you could have done it some way... :oops:

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:09 am

Rofl ... I'd completely forgotten these details 8O

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:28 am

I'm back with a new converted MM2 track (from SCGT & Racer), Metro Street Circuit is now available and I hope that you'll enjoy this map.

Have great fun with it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Download page

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:35 am

Nice circuit Riva! Great conversion work. ;)
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby HummersRock » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:39 am

Sweet.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:01 am

It's a bit small but it's a nice city circuit. Unfortunately it doesn't have a Circuit race, because it needs other files with proper values.
It's good for multiplayer gameplays. :)

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 17 years

Postby awalwang » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:32 am

Love this circuit! :D :D

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:37 pm

It's a bit small but it's a nice city circuit. Unfortunately it doesn't have a Circuit race, because it needs other files with proper values.
It's good for multiplayer gameplays. :)
Personally I don't know the other features specific for a MM2 map. I know the Maxoff's tutorials but those date from the beginning and I don't know if Maxoff proposed new things about all of these features. It would be interesting for my next map convertions.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:24 am

I started a new track for MM2 called Speedest3. This one come from Racer and was made by Some1. However this track is very detailed with great textures. I fixed some high quality textures (2048, 1024 save as 512). Anyway this track don't support addons (vehicles) with textures exceeding 1 Mb (either 512x512 save as 32 bits "i.e. transparent textures" or simple textures (16 or 24 bits) save as more than 512 pixels (it's not a polycount limit). For your information my last GTA Vice City convertions works but unfortunately the Civic Si, the Nissan GT-R, the Alfa Romeo 8C and the Gallardo pack don't work with this track. It's well a limit set by the graphic engine of MM2, look my config system (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450, GF GTX 280 1 Gb DDr, 4 Gb DDr Corsair). The fact is that it's not a good idea to use textures having more than 512 pixels (shame on me about my preceding convertions) ... I checked the recent addons and the main reason (except if the 3D model use textures have more than 512 pxl is that the latest dashboards using textures with 1024 pxl). I saw also that this texture limit take account only the TGA no compressed (from the AR archive), no problem with the 1024 BMP textures.

Edit : finally the only thing which you doesn't allow you to play with this track, it's just the textures exceeding 512 pxl, the Koenig Specials SEC works perfectly (I fixed the interior and details textures, removed the dashboard ones).

Look by yourself !

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

So this track don't support addons (vehicles) with textures having more than 512 pixels.

MM2 specs :

Franch88
    MM2X Admin
    MM2X Admin
    Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:34 am

Very nice map yeah, but that limit is a great problem. :| It's the first time that I see this problem to the game playing a custom map with cars that uses textures more big than 512x512 pixels.
    Maybe New York City for MM2 has this problem too, but actually the most bad problem of it is given by playing it with high polygons cars, excluding that it must be played with particulat graphic settings.
    Seeing well, no used in-game texture is more big than 512x512; the buildings ones are more little.

However, this is the fact now: the quality wins above any other thing, so it's very hard to renounce to use 1024x1024 textures in a car model or for a dashboard.

Riva
    MM2X VIP Member
    MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:36 am

Exactly it's too bad concerning the dashboard, not really a problem about other textures (wheels, details, interior etc). I'll check if it's really a problem (~ quality) if I reduce the dash pixels. But for the other addons, it's too late, I don't plan (and I don't want) to release a patch for each one :?

Edit : here's my quality test.

Dash parts : 1024 pxl, steering wheel : 512 pxl

Dash parts : 512 pxl, steering wheel : 256 pxl

Dash parts : 256 pxl, steering wheel : 256 pxl

So it's not really flagrant to suggest only for this track a dash patch with a dash of 512 pxl and the sw of 256 pxl. If someone don't want to play with Speedest3, he will be able to play only with the quality textures (1024 & 512).

Franch88
    MM2X Admin
    MM2X Admin
    Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:12 am

The dashboard quality test using more little textures fails, the dashboard lose too much in quality. Only the steering wheel is pretty ok with 256x256 texture sizes.
    Exactly it's too bad concerning the dashboard, not really a problem about other textures (wheels, details, interior etc).
    Yeah, it's a pity that the dashboard, a part not related to the car 3D model, falls in this problem too, but it's more bad think that it's only 1 dashboard texture that creates the impossiblity to play a car in this track (I'm taking as example the Koenig Special SEC car in progress by you after your textures edits).
    But for the other addons, it's too late, I don't plan (and I don't want) to release a patch for each one :?
    Indeed Riva, it's a bad idea. Because of this problem caused by only one track isn't necessary to make patches to let work your other not working cars in this track. It's like do too much for just a little thing.
    More, hardly the other MM2 cars makers will follow the rule of the use of maximum 512x512 pixels for any car texture just to let work their cars in this track.

matt1314
    MM2X VIP Member
    MM2X VIP Member
    Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Postby matt1314 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:29 am

Wow, Riva, I have no words! That's just...just...just a so nice track again! A so cool track, so cosy again! Incredible work! 8O