Map editor help

tgp1994
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Map editor help

Postby tgp1994 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:47 pm

Can anyone tell me how to convert .AR files to an editable file for the map editor?
Hi there, I'm tgp1994, or more commenly known as thegammingperson1994. (Yes, it's purposefully misspelled.) I have to say that midtown madness 2 is a very fun game, and at the same time I'm extremely disappointed that they didn't release the 3rd version f

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:23 am

What program you mean with "map editor"? Is it the MM2 City Toolkit? And the .ar file that you want to convert is a city made by you? If it's a city that you've made, in MM2 City Toolkit there's a function that made an HUD map from the PSDL object of the city, and to do this you don't need to extract the files from the .ar file, because you already have all folders.
Explain better yourself! :?
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

tgp1994
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tgp1994 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:38 am

Umm, ok. And do you know of that series of Maddness maps? I have the 3rd one, but my game always crashes when I try to play it. Any reason why?

P.S. I have the texture quality set to high.
Hi there, I'm tgp1994, or more commenly known as thegammingperson1994. (Yes, it's purposefully misspelled.) I have to say that midtown madness 2 is a very fun game, and at the same time I'm extremely disappointed that they didn't release the 3rd version f

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 17 years

Postby awalwang » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:03 am

You may have to play around with the settings a bit, but high usually works. Also try to remove some of your add-on tracks. New York and Oceany are the real problem-causers.

tgp1994
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tgp1994 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:56 pm

I believe I have oceany, but how could they casue problems with another track?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:09 pm

So is this the problem...
You have Madness City 3; that map has the HUD map, so when you switch it's displaying the game won't crash.
I play all cities/maps always with all details and resolution setted to high in graphic options. The New York MM2 city gives a lot of problems if played with the graphic quality setted to high and with the hardware setting with T&L effects, with some downloaded cars and maybe with the cop cars abilited. Oceany city (the second final beta version), for me hasn't particular problems, instead of the first beta version.
The reason of a city/map loading crash can be several: you have a lot of .ar files, especially mods and other cities, that makes conflicts between them (this happens often while first game loading); you must set no cops before playing; the choosed payer car has problems (this is rarely); with a particular combination of graphic settings the city/map won't be loaded well.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

tgp1994
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tgp1994 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:26 am

Ok, thanks for your help. I have downloaded this tweaked AI mod, and the mod shader 2. I think I remember seeing something about the shader causing problems, could that be it?

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:11 am

Try to take the tuned AI mod out. Shader Mod 2 already comes with it.

tgp1994
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tgp1994 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:01 pm

Ahh, ok. Hold on, here's a list of things I have installed. Also, for some reason, when I'm in the 1st person view in the car, the camera looks backward. Maybe you can diagnose that with my list here. Image

Oh, I tried inserting my picture via the forums code, but it doesn't work. It's because the Image

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:48 pm

The problem about Madness City 3 has been solved? Seems to be yes. ;)
The strange problem when you use the dashboard view but it looks backward doesn't have a clear solution; this problem seems caused by a conflict between the internal car/cities name of two add-ons. If is this the cause, maybe the Renault Karosa bus patches or the Bus City files can do this. Try to remove them.

About the image TAG, what you've wrote in the code TAG is right, but also the same TAG with the "IMG" write in small letters will work.
Last edited by Franch88 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:21 am

The car camera problem seems to come from the order of the AR files. Try to put all your AR files before the AUD and other folders.

tgp1994
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tgp1994 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:56 am

No, I haven't checked to see if the problem is fixed yet, I'll have to see. I'll try to check and see and remove the files you suggested tomorrow. awalwang, I'm not quite sure what you want me to do.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:35 pm

The car camera problem seems to come from the order of the AR files. Try to put all your AR files before the AUD and other folders.
I don't think that is caused by this, the game load all .ar files sorted by name (this is why many .ar files names starts with one or more "!"), and the first files in that order will be the first loaded, also to avoid the not well working of some mods.

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:30 pm

Oh, okay. I kind of meant that. :oops:

armyman
Banned

Postby armyman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:15 am

is the AR. file a car or a building?