New York improved

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:42 pm

I've noticed a kind of wrong positions errors for the cop cars that in the 1.0 version there wasn't. :roll: Some are placed on the sea and others inside the buildings.
The CNR bug fix for this city shouldn't solve this problem.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby SuperSecret » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:17 pm

I have not changed the cops position between versions 1.0 and 1.1, the wrong positions of the cops are present in the roam.aimap file in the "race" folder, but (at least on my PC) it is not used, the used file is instead the roam.aimap_p file.
Edit: That's probably why the cops are placed incorrectly for some people: some PCs loads the .aimap file, some others the .aimap_p file

About the CNR bug, I forgot to fix it.

Toyzidro
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Postby Toyzidro » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:41 pm

About the CNR bug, I forgot to fix it.
Maybe wouldn't necessary. There exists 2 addons for Cops & Robbers in New York city made by Wingman. :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:47 pm

In fact I've seen that the roam.aimap and roam.aimap_p files are different. Shouldn't roam.aimap be the same like the other? I think that the game always loads the .aimap file.
I've replaced the .aimap file with a renamed copy of the other and now the cop cars work like they must.

For the CNR isn't a real problem because are already available some fixes, but include one of them in the improved version was better.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:21 am

Shouldn't roam.aimap be the same like the other? I think that the game always loads the .aimap file.
When I added the cop cars, I modified only the .aimap_p file, forgetting to modify even the .aimap file, because I thought the game loads only the .aimap_p file (even the game files are different between the .aimap and .aimap_p versions, and this confused me).
Edit: Ooooops, I realized only now what caused the problem: the .aimap file is for the amateur players, and the .aimap_p for the professional players, and I use a professional savegame, that's why on my PC the game loaded only the .aimap_p file.

HdVaderII
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby HdVaderII » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:21 am

So is there any way to get my cops to work in the city on cruise mode, instead of having them in the sea?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:41 am

Ooooops, I realized only now what caused the problem: the .aimap file is for the amateur players, and the .aimap_p for the professional players, and I use a professional savegame, that's why on my PC the game loaded only the .aimap_p file.
Thank you so much for your clarifying. I really was wondering what means the "_p" suffix in some files extensions of the game files. Actually I'm using an amateur profile, indeed.
Because of this these files must be the same with the same content, at least for the add-on tracks (as far as I remember some of the game are different between them).
So is there any way to get my cops to work in the city on cruise mode, instead of having them in the sea?
Of course yes. Open the .ar file with WinRar and extract all the folders where you want. Go in the folder Race, then as_manhattan and delete the file roam.aimap. Copy the roam.aimap_p file and rename it to roam.aimap. Finally, Create a .zip file with WinRar of all the city folders, give it the same file name of the original file with the .ar extension and replace the old one in your game folder.

HdVaderII
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby HdVaderII » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:56 am

Thanks for the help! The Cops work very well now.

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:17 pm

Update:
I am working on the 1.2 version, here are the changes I made till now:

Fixed the cop cars positioning error
Fixed the central sidewalks (added trees on Park Avenue and Broadway, like in the reality, and changed texture of the road at north of the city) (pic 1)
Improved visibility (pic 2)
Added shadow effect in tunnels (pic 3)
Added a blitz race (a tour of Manhattan)
Size of the city archive reduced of 1.4 MB (using 7zip instead of WinRar to compress the file)
Size of the cop car archive reduced from 713 KB to 423 KB with a better compression the .wav and the .jpg files
Adding buildings on the other side of the rivers (not yet completed) (pic 4)

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby StanOfGB » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:21 pm

YES!! I was hoping those things would get fixed :D awesome work man.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby HummersRock » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:45 pm

Awesome! Good job SuperSecret!
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:45 pm

Very nice new fixes, they make especially the city look more realistic, like the far distances buildings details (use the same H and VL objects are enough), the background buildings and the shadows effect for the tunnels. :) Keep up the improving work! :wink:

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Just amazing man! :D

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Poland