New York improved

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Postby SuperSecret » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:27 pm

Now propably I removed all the duplicates, and the stability is good (but not perfect). I would like to add some circuit and checkpoint races, but I cannot add AI opponents (when I add them, they don't run in the right direction). How can I let them working properly?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:30 pm

Nice to read that its stability is better now by removing the duplicates, good job. :wink: About the races, as I know isn't easy to create races with opponents in add-on tracks, maybe because you need a file that let follow to the opponents a path. You could check how are made the in-game ones of SF, for example, seeing which files are needed.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:15 pm

It is an .opp file, but every value that I insert in it doesn't work (except the first row, that indicates the opponent start position), the opponent goes in a direction without stopping (as if it doesn't know the path to follow). I tried to edit the .opp file of an added race of San Francisco, and it was working only with certain values, and exceeding these values, it was not working properly anymore (ex. editing the value of the 3

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:53 pm

I made a race, but adding working opponents is not very easy: often, with some path configurations (the points definied in the .opp file), the game doesn't load correctly the opponent (once loaded, the car is frozen, and cannot be moved).
However, there is even another thing to be added: The night buildings textures (to make them illuminated), that are not currently present.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:05 pm

I've to experiment the opponents adding when I'll make a race for a track, probably only in a ciruit race.
However, there is even another thing to be added: The night buildings textures (to make them illuminated), that are not currently present.
Yeah, the buildings at night don't result with illuminated windows, but if the .ar file will be too big with the night textures isn't necessary add them. At least this can be done to some buildings.
I found the cause: the problem is that the points indicated in the .opp file must be present in the .bai file (I inserted a point present in the bai and the opponent went in the point direction). Now I can add opponents :D
So the opponents in a race can be added only if the city has working traffic. Probably if a track don't use traffic, and so the .bai file, the adding of the opponents to a race won't work, like for the cop cars.
In fact the game uses the .bai values of the traffic cars of the PSDL roads parts to control the cruising of cop and opponent cars (this is why a cop car sometimes has problems to follow you if you're out from the road with traffic).
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Mon May 18, 2009 12:30 am

UPDATE:

Made some other fixes and changes:

Added night textures (here is a pic)

Added lighting files (to make the illumination better)

Fixed a breakable object

Fixed the badly positioned glass in almost all buildings

Added a blitz race (which is now the first, and the old first now is the second, because in the first version of the city I cutted off the first blitz because it was only a test race, derived from a race of the NYC mod)

Reduced size (replacing duplicate road textures with identical ones included in the base game and using a better compression for the jpgs)

Improved writings visibility

Remade cop car paintjob (and fixed its tuning) (here is a pic of the new paintjob)

Remade map (here are the two (old and new) maps)

It is almost ready to the release (Probably I will upload it tomorrow, just the time to review it).

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon May 18, 2009 12:46 am

Great improvements. :) Really, NYC needed night textures for the illuminated parts, and the result is very nice. Love the new hudmap, it's way better than the old one. Great work in reducing the file sizes.
Another improvement to do can be the one to add more props object, at least the street lights, now not present in all the streets, but it's a too long work to do.

Nice the new version of the NYPD cop car; if possible, make both the lights of the light bar red (I know how to do this) and include in the archive the most updated addonvehtypes.ar file to let work its sirens, get it here; this important file there isn't in the archive of the first version of NYC improved. I assume that the new 1.1 version uses the same internal basename of the previous one.

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Zac4084 » Mon May 18, 2009 12:52 am

Nice remake.

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Mon May 18, 2009 1:00 am

if possible, make both the lights of the light bar red
Actually, I yet did this (I modified both the textures and the materials of the .pkg file to make the lights red)

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Mon May 18, 2009 1:09 am

Awesome improvements, SuperSecret! :D Can't wait to try it. :wink: A also hope that you fixed the random crashing problem.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby HummersRock » Mon May 18, 2009 1:22 am

Dang SuperSecret, great job! You mentioned that you fixed a breakable object, does that mean that all of that object throughout the city is breakable? Or is it a single object? Would it be possible to easily fix other objects to be breakable such as the street lights or just anything else?

Those are great improvements though! The night textures look very nice. It's nice to hear that you have been able to reduce the file size, since it is so big.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Mon May 18, 2009 1:41 am

does that mean that all of that object throughout the city is breakable? Or is it a single object?.
That mean all of that object , not only a single object.
Would it be possible to easily fix other objects to be breakable such as the street lights or just anything else?
To fix the malfunctioning objects I simply replace them with the equivalent working ones present in the game files (to turn instead a non-breakable object into a breakable one, the banger file must be configurated correctly, and the fragments (which must be parts of the .pkg file) indicated in the banger, with a separate banger file for the fragment, is a bit complicated)

P.S. The street lights were already breakable in the 1.0 version

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby HummersRock » Mon May 18, 2009 3:04 am

Ah, ok. I forget things. XD
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Postby matt1314 » Mon May 18, 2009 2:42 pm

Wow, that looks impressive! Great work! :D

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Postby Riva » Mon May 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Another amazing project, keep it up !