New York improved

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:36 pm

This city uses too much .pkg files for the buildings with too much details; to keep the quality of them you should keep the H objects, while you could try to use the VL one to replace the L and M ones. Doing this the stability would increase.

Hastantyo, the New York City improved isn't a mod, but an add-on track. About the download from here make sure that the download has been completed; you should know that I don't publish in this website broken archives.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby HummersRock » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:54 pm

Ironic, your mod decreases stability and such for me. I thought something was just conflicting with it, so I removed some tracks; then some mods; then some cars. It wouldn't work until I removed everything. I put everything back in and New York worked without your mod.

I had also made sure to have to proper graphics options, used low resolution (1024x768), turned off cops, and used a default car--no luck.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Postby SuperSecret » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:01 pm

I tried to keep only the H and VL models (to save time I did it with the City Toolkit), but doing this decreases the stability, and replacing (manually, because the City Toolkit cannot do this) the H model with the M is better than replacing the M and the L with the VL (the H model on most of the pkg files is bigger than the M and the L togheter).

@ HummersRock: The resolution that I use is 800x600 and the graphics settings are without T&L

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby HummersRock » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:00 am

I did graphics without T&L, but 800x600 is much too small for me.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby hastantyo » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:53 am

oh, sorry. now i can used it.
nice improvements btw.
expecially the texture. :)

but, can you fix the distances of the building?
it looks not good.
when i drive on it, i see much of lost building.
the distance in my option menu is full, but why i still see much of lost building when i far away from it?
have you used the H object and L object?

like mm2revisited mod, it used H, M, L, VL object of any building he has improved.
for example, the Golden Gate Bridge.
i still can see it with goodly distance far.
because, that caused by the H and L object.

H object: we can see the object from near distance.
L object: we can see the object from far distance.

so, they work together to make the game distance better.
as good from near distance, and far distance.

thank's :)

96vette
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

NewYork City improved

Postby 96vette » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:39 pm

All I can say is this update is great, excellent job to those or who did it. It improves game play and graphics. Only thing is the cop car crashes the game when driving in single player mode and you hit the siren button but thats no big deal, GREAT JOB.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Re: NewYork City improved

Postby Franch88 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:17 pm

Probably he hasn't edited the LOD objects of the buildings, or maybe only to few of them. The disappearing problem in high distances is given by the lack of some LOD objects, but it's also a game fault.
The improving that now he's doing is to get more stability by using only the H and M objects. The try with the H and VL objects descreased the stability, but have you tried to keep only the H and L objects?
Only thing is the cop car crashes the game when driving in single player mode and you hit the siren button but thats no big deal, GREAT JOB.
You should try to lower a bit the traffic and pedestrians density to suceed to play it with the cop cars; the use of the player car is important too, it has to be a pretty low polygons model. About the sirens crash, please read the note of the city download and get the updated addonvehtypes.ar file to let work the cop cars included in the city archive from here.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:38 pm

You should try to lower a bit the traffic and pedestrians density to suceed to play it with the cop cars
Actually, to avoid crashes, the traffic or the pedestrians must be disabled, not just lowered.
Now I am trying to remove duplicates of buildings to improve stability (I removed 6 duplicates, and the game now can load the fixed objects without big problems.)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:52 pm

If there are more than one .pkg files of the same objects, is better to delete them and use only one of those .pkg files and then make the copies through the .inst file using MM2 City Toolkit. In this way the game will load the copies of the same object written in the .inst file reading only one .pkg file.
You should try to lower a bit the traffic and pedestrians density to suceed to play it with the cop cars
Actually, to avoid crashes, the traffic or the pedestrians must be disabled, not just lowered.
I've succeeded to play it with the Hardware rendering settings without the T&L at the screen resolution of 1280x1024, using the in-game default Audi TT player car, with all the cop density and with a lowered density of traffic and pedestrians. The picture that I've used for the download of this city in this website, this one, is a proof of this; of course it has been resized.

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:32 pm

Removing some duplicates and very similar buildings (same shape, but slightly different textures) now the city has reached a decent stability, but without the fixed taxi (with it the stability decreases), however, for some reason, the frequency of green taxis is very low (about 90% of the taxis are yellow and only the 10% are green)

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:25 pm

I removed other duplicates and now the city works even with the fixed taxi (without the fix, the frequency of green taxis sometimes is 10%, other times is 50%), the default cars now work perfectly even with T&L enabled and with the maximum resolution, but some addon cars doesn't work yet (all this with cops and pedestrians enabled, with the pedestrians disabled works better)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:29 pm

Very good and great result, I would keep it. :) I hope that the city haven't lost some of its quality resulting pretty similar to the first release of your revisited New York City.

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:35 pm

Almost identical, the only problem is that in the North-East angle of the city, some (not all) buildings are not perfectly aligned, but is just a scale problem, it can be fixed (but not in short times, must be rescaled the right instances of the buildings)
Edit: With the 3D view of the City Toolkit the right instances can be easily found, I can fix it in short times.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Postby matt1314 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:02 am

Great result, keep up your improvements! :D

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:36 pm

I discovered the cause of the problem: for some strange reason, when a building in the inst file is edited with the inst editor, the game no longer scales it. To solve the problem, I replaced the buildings with an hex editor, instead of the inst editor, and the game now scales the buildings correctly. And I even increased (accidentally) the stability. (the buildings with the H model replaced increase the stability, and even the fixed inst without the duplicated buildings, but the last one has more effect without replacing the original high-detailed buildings with the fixed ones)