Postby sajmon14 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:46 pm

Did you planned making dash for them?

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby hastantyo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:53 pm

really? thank's!

@sajmon: no, coz i can't make a dash. so, i just make it as a cop mod. not for a driveable cars.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:57 pm

Very nice progress, keep it up. :)
Since these cars are used only as cop mod and not also as player cars is useless put a dashboard for them.
The problem with the driver is pretty normal is you add it without split per materials the BODY object, or at least only the semi-transparent windows; check this post to know how to solve this problem. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:19 pm

I would love to have those cars as driveables. :roll:

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby hastantyo » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:13 pm

thank's! but i needn't dash for those cop cars. i can't make it. see the progress of my bmw, why i'm not yet release it? why the progress is so long? coz i'm stuck in the dash. so, i just take this way to make them not for a player cars.

bad news, i canceled the Chrysler 300C for the improved cop mod. the mesh is bad, and its have a high poly.

and the good news is, i have change it with Hummer H2! i've made the tunning is better from Jeep Grand Cherokee, the value of mass is increase, and the handling.

here the little progress of my Hummer H2 cop.

ImageImage
The problem with the driver is pretty normal is you add it without split per materials the BODY object, or at least only the semi-transparent windows; check this post to know how to solve this problem. :wink:
i don't know exactly you mean, you know my english. *hehe* but i can make it work on my Hummer H2. change the material potition (all objects is transparent), its fault from ZM 2 (when i import the driver).

question: matt1314 has tested my mod which i gave it to Franch in PM. he said "the sounds is not work". why that happened? why Franch not tell me if the sound is problem? help.

thank's!

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Postby matt1314 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Wow! Amazing Hummer! That mod becomes bigger and bigger! The only problem is, that it won't be possible to have more than 3 different cop cars at one time in MM2. Otherwise it crashes. :( Maybe there's a solution.

vw-tuner-oburg
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Postby vw-tuner-oburg » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:44 pm

in Zmod deselect all objects, unable SEL and show only the BODY_H-object. after that click in tools-menu: Create --> Objects --> ByMaterial --> Split and click on the BODY_H-object in one of the 3 views (not 3D-view). now there should appear a window with "%obj%_%mat%". delete "%obj%_" and click okay. now your BODY_H-object is splitted into all materials it uses. now you only have to move down the glass-material under the material of the driver. it goes the fastest if you select the glass-material(s), enable SEL and click on Create --> Objects --> UniteSelect and click in the free space in one of the 3 views. enter any name you want and now the glass-material is on the bottom of the material list and the driver should appear through the glass. after you done all, unit all BODY_H-parts again to the BODY_H-object and your problem should be solved ;)

thanks to Franch who explained me this method :)

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:54 pm

The Hummer H2 is a perfect candidate for a cop car. Good thinking. Also, I didnt see the Chrysler 300C as a cop car, so i guess it happened for the better.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:12 pm

That Hummer H2 cop looks very nice. :)

About the transparencies and visibility problems, you had only to check my post from the link in the text that you've quoted, to know how to solve it. :wink:
I don't have problems with the siren sounds when I tested it, but the sirens weren't working as usual. Also, I use a cop sirens sound mod, but isn't that the problem.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:26 pm

Oh, really. They work good. I just had a mod, when I removed it, they worked. :o

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby hastantyo » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:01 am

thank's friends!
in Zmod deselect all objects, unable SEL and show only the BODY_H-object. after that click in tools-menu: Create --> Objects --> ByMaterial --> Split and click on the BODY_H-object in one of the 3 views (not 3D-view). now there should appear a window with "%obj%_%mat%". delete "%obj%_" and click okay. now your BODY_H-object is splitted into all materials it uses. now you only have to move down the glass-material under the material of the driver. it goes the fastest if you select the glass-material(s), enable SEL and click on Create --> Objects --> UniteSelect and click in the free space in one of the 3 views. enter any name you want and now the glass-material is on the bottom of the material list and the driver should appear through the glass. after you done all, unit all BODY_H-parts again to the BODY_H-object and your problem should be solved ;)
thats make me bit confusing, but i'll try it. thank's!
The only problem is, that it won't be possible to have more than 3 different cop cars at one time in MM2. Otherwise it crashes. :( Maybe there's a solution.
i can play it in one time, with 6 different police cars in SF, and i never get my MM2 crashes. see that pic, i play it with high poly scania and 3 "mid poly" cop cars. my MM2 not crashes. actually, i want to make 8 different cars. i dunno if you get this problem. :roll:
I don't have problems with the siren sounds when I tested it, but the sirens weren't working as usual. Also, I use a cop sirens sound mod, but isn't that the problem.
so, the sound is not problem? okay, maybe you'll fix it before these release. thank's!

the next progress is Mercedez Benz CLS 500 cop. the pics soon, as fast as possible!

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:17 am

I can't play at one even with three of them! Even when I remove every addon in my MM2 directory except these cars. One time I start MM2 and they work, I start MM2 a second time, it crashes. Something is unstable... :roll:

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Postby Riva » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:18 pm

Don't forget to remove the useless parts for MM2 (engine parts, truck space), if a cop car exceed 15k, it will be hard to play by setting the maximum cops in streets.

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby hastantyo » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:10 pm

I can't play at one even with three of them! Even when I remove every addon in my MM2 directory except these cars. One time I start MM2 and they work, I start MM2 a second time, it crashes. Something is unstable... :roll:
hm, i dunno exactly the problem. maybe you is right. you have a lot of addon in your mm2 game directory. you must reduce it to let it work well in game.

mine just have 12 cars, and 5 mods (include tracks). and the cars is: those cop cars (6 cars), Chevrolet Trail Blazer, Man Tga, Shogun Montero Evo II, Smart, Scania R580, and Freigtliner. just it.

here's the pic if you still doubt it:

there are 7 vehicles with mid and high poly, run in game in one time. that is my Scania R580, Hummer H2, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Charger SRT8, Pontiac GTO 6.0, and 2 Chevrolet Corvette C6.

i never get mm2 crashes when i use this mod as far. just my pc running slow in game. because of my poor PC spec. :oops:
Don't forget to remove the useless parts for MM2 (engine parts, truck space).
which one you mean? my Scania truck? its not have a high poly parts, i convert it in different version with yours. more less polygon. more better than high poly version. because its have a lot of low poly parts!

you can take it, and release it as your improved version if you want. :wink:

hehe :lol:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:14 pm

All those cop cars could let the game crash more often, especially increasing the traffic and pedestrian density or using other mods that add new objects. With more polygons there are more possibilities that the game will crash while the city loading. So, remove the not needed detailes from the cop cars models, like the 3D engine, where it there's.
Anyway I could say that actually there aren't such problems.

About the siren sounds problem, that can't be really solved; seems that's the game that let work the sounds in that way, both if they're the in-game ones or the ones of a siren sounds mod. Could depend on the new cop cars. :roll: