How to make new paintjobs for basic cars in MM2 ?

LigneVD12
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Postby LigneVD12 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Mmh, strange.
I have succeed to make ".TEX" files without "RLE", super.
So if I have new problems, I'll upload my files on mediafire, but now I'll try to understand how to make a new ".ar" file with that Franch88 had said. :idea: Finally, it's not as hard as I thought...for the time being !

New question : Following the message of Franch88, I don't find the file that contains the name of the paintjob, to change it also a new. It would be "soundtransitbus.ar", and the name of the paintjob would be "Sound Transit Black Livery". Where can I find it ? Surely in a file of "MM2core.ar" opened with the Notepad, no ?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri May 10, 2013 12:53 am

I'd already said to don't save the .tga with that compression. It'll only give look problems in MM2, and as seen, will make it impossible to be read in Tex Manager program.
To make the .ar file, just make it with WinRAR or 7-Zip programs, putting directly the .ar file extension in the field where you decide the file name. The ZIP compression it's important, being the only that MM2 supports. The folders to include are the Texture and Tune ones, with their files in them.

The file with the paintjobs names for the default City Bus vehicle it's called vpbus.info, and it's present in the Tune folder of the mm2core.ar file. Look for it and extract it using DeAR 2. Edit it with Notapad and change the paintjob name of the respective changed paintjob; for example, if you've edited the 4th paintjob textures you've to edit the forth name, and don't add or remove the "|" symbols, used to separate the paintjobs choices in-game.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|