homers24lu@yahoo.de (Blackbird)

From the readme. :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:43 pm

You should find similar wheel in some NFS game car; check the AirOne Racing website if there's something interesting.
The wheels of that Audi RS6-R aren't so high quality, and probably you'll get some problem with the authors contacting since that's a very old release.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Technologyfreak » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:51 pm

I've found some nice wheels now:

I have some other problems now, I need to add the brake discs to the wheel objects, but how do you do that? :oops:

And I couldn't find a unlocked car which had those lights shining on the ground, so I want to know how is it done and is it possible that I just make it myself?
[img][/img]

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Zac4084 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Just copy the origional headlight glows, and rotate them to the ground (X axis) and name it HLIGHT_L. Might wanna move the shadow too.

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Technologyfreak » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:08 pm

And how do you add one object to another? :oops:
[img][/img]

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Zac4084 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:16 pm

And how do you add one object to another? :oops:
Only show HLIGHT_H, rotate it, make it so it can touch the x axis, the X, only x and y on (H, V) rotate it, and done. You might want to scale it, or make a new texture. Sorry, I didnt mean to say copy.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:15 pm

For the brake discs, take them from the original wheels of the model, because I guess that they have some. Attach them with each wheel object.
Just copy the original headlight glows, and rotate them to the ground (X axis) and name it HLIGHT_L. Might wanna move the shadow too.
He didn't mean this, he means how to make the lights projection beam on the gound, that are simply two textured polygons attached with the shadow object. Technologyfreak, I'll PM you about it.
Please Zac, if you aren't sure of your reply, just don't post it, because you can create confusion. What you've said is completely wrong, because the HLIGHT object won't work in the same way of the shadow one, and also if was so, the result wasn't the same one that he wants.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Zac4084 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:39 pm

For the brake discs, take them from the original wheels of the model, because I guess that they have some. Attach them with each wheel object.
Just copy the original headlight glows, and rotate them to the ground (X axis) and name it HLIGHT_L. Might wanna move the shadow too.
He didn't mean this, he means how to make the lights projection beam on the gound, that are simply two textured polygons attached with the shadow object. Technologyfreak, I'll PM you about it.
Please Zac, if you aren't sure of your reply, just don't post it, because you can create confusion. What you've said is completely wrong, because the HLIGHT object won't work in the same way of the shadow one, and also if was so, the result wasn't the same one that he wants.
Sorry, I thought this was right, this is what I did on one of my cars, It worked.... :oops:

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Technologyfreak » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:16 pm

I've done the shadow with the lights now, and the wheels are almost completed, but I still have a problem.They now consist of seperate parts, so I want to know how to make one part of the wheel & brake disc & axle and body & brake.
(that's what I meant with 'And how do you add one object to another?')
It looks Like this now:
[img][/img]

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Technologyfreak » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:15 pm

Oh, I'm sorry, I've already found it :oops: quite simple, just with uniteselect :oops:

Edit:
The wheels are done now, but when I try the car in game, the game won't even start :?
I've done these things: put the shadow in with the headlight glow, made the front brakes as fndr, the rear brakes atached to the body and I've made braking disks and axle's.
I Can't find the problem, does anyone know where the mistake might be?
[img][/img]

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Sounds like you attached the wheels to the body. Undo that. The wheels are separate from the body. And make sure all the object names are written properly.

Minimum objects:

BOUND
SHADOW_H
BODY_H
WHL0_H:m
WHL1_H:m
WHL2_H:m
WHL3_H:m

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Technologyfreak » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:59 pm

I've checked those things, and they are all allright :?
What else could I've done wrong :?:
[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Are there the .dgbanderdata files for the wheels and the fenders in the directory Tune/Banger? They files are essential to let work all the objects that have the .mtx file. Just take and rename them from any other MM2 car. But if you're using the LZR_SL's car as base, this can't be the problem.

About the FNDR objects, have you made the _M LOD copies of them? You must do this to let work the car in-game.

Also, better select all the objects and unite all their axis in ZModeler before the exporting.