Hastantyo's projects

WiP : Rahayu Santosa Euroliner, Legacy SKY SR-1 Limited Editions

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby hastantyo » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:05 am

When does the game crash? Just after map is loaded? Possibly, you forgot to add the bangerdata files for the extra wheels. The low quality wheels are not so important
the game crash when loading when i entry the mm2 frist time. the first one. not when after map loaded, or on loading the map. (stop responding when loading). and i can't see it in MM2VV, MM2UT. that said "unknown geometry file:#772". T_T

so, how to create the banger data files?
as far i know that is use for the leave object from BODY_H when the car blow up.
like my first private conversion to Franch, he use BREAK object in that mazda speed3, on the rear antenas (maybe, i try remeber it). and he give me the *Z3d for my personal trainning. i modified it, with BREAK object. but when i pack to *.ar, i leave the "BREAK" banger data. its succes, i can play it several time, and the game crash. and the game crash when i drive it and hit the wall. coz the BREAK object don't have the BANGER, in the archive.

its a middle poly truck, about 45k.(only BODY_H). i think my PC still can handle it, hehe.

@riva: yep, there many version in the same brand of the truck. but i interest this one. are you planned for dump truck with 8x8 axle?

@franch: okay2, i will try that. i will try to announce if i have new project.
Last edited by hastantyo on Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:18 am

Remember this Hastantyo, all the objects with the ":m" suffix creates the .mtx files when the .pkg file is exported, and they uses the .dgbangerdata files as alias copies. To make them, juts copy one of the already existing ones. For the fifth and sixth wheels, copy one of the other wheels .dgbangerdata file and rename it.
If only the BODY object has about 45000 polygons, it would work without problems, if the vertices count is less than 55000 too.

I've tried your method with the Volvo truck wheels and it still crashes; the BODY object has the good number of polygons and vertices. I'll try to make the _L LOD copies.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby hastantyo » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:42 am

thank's Franch. i know the object with the ":m" suffix creates the .mtx files when the .pkg file is exported. and the .mtx file is need .dgbangerdata. but i don't know the banger data is copys the old one, and rename it one by one, before. XD
thank's, now my knowledge is increase.

ehehehe =)

but i don't use that for my visstabus, coz its no have damage (strange). and it work well in game.

@volvo: why that volvo still crash? could you see it in MM2 Vehicle Viewer? tell me the polygons after you edited it. ^^

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Postby Riva » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:19 pm

yep, there many version in the same brand of the truck. but i interest this one. are you planned for dump truck with 8x8 axle?
TBH I dunno lmao. You know my huge planned list and you must know that I've already converted the Fredzaza's work for MM2 (old STC modeler) but ... I only added the classic version of this truck (Mercedes-Benz Actros). When I tried this version (eight wheels), I didn't add it because I considered only a single version for the same model. However I've second thoughts by adding a lot of similar versions for a same models (Silvia S15, 350Z, RX-8 etc).

BTW I'm using the same TUNE/banger files since longtime and I never edited these files :?

Each time I want to convert a vehicle with more four wheels, I succeed the first time then the truck (often) crash the second time or I've a lot of problem with it ... I remember my last six wheels conversion, the Peterbilt 359 so, I'll check it to give you some tips.
___

Edit.

Well the 359 is a bad example because we used WHL2&3 as WHL2 and WHL4&5 as WHL3 but after ten minutes, I tried to put in-game six real wheels and here's the result :

Simple cube, low poly wheels.

BODY_H
BODY_L
WHL0_H:m
WHL1_H:m
WHL2_H:m
WHL3_H:m
WHL4_H:m
WHL5_H:m
WHL0_L:m
WHL1_L:m
WHL2_L:m
WHL3_L:m
WHL4_L:m
WHL5_L:m
SHADOW_H
SHADOW_L
BOUND

Centered axles.

So, maybe it's just a problem of vertices/polycount, I mean, like the detachable parts, you can't handle too detailed objects for this kind of objects (extra wheels).

Here's the AR file.

PS : I'll try eight wheels but I dunno if MM2 works with WHL6&7.
___

2nd edit.

Indeed MM2 handle only six wheels for a playable vehicle (so except the trailer). WHL6 & 7 doesn't appear from the select menu and of course in-game. To get eight wheels in-game you must attach WHL0&1 as WHL0 and WHL2&3 as WHL1, like that the first four wheels turn in the same time (like the Missile Truck). However if you want to keep only two rotating wheels, don't change the first wheels (0&1) but attach the last 4&5 as WHL4 and 6&7 as WHL5.

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby hastantyo » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:58 pm

lol Riva!
how you use six wheels count on the vehicles work in mm2?
(i'm not yet see the ar file, coz i'm not at home right now).
i have tried your method on my kenworth before, but still crash in game when loading. can you tell me more detail to let it work in mm2?

anyway, thank's for helping me!
i will check it soon!

@car list: i never see your planned car list in your website, sorry. i just want to improve my experiecne, with new things. sorry before.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:53 pm

Really ?

Coming soon 2009 - Planned cars list (I removed the unreleased car pics so now these cars are available from this thread).

If you can send me the wheels of this KenW. I'll try.

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:12 pm

But Riva, somebody did get 8 wheels to work with the first 4 wheels turning. Check last page for the link.

Maybe they were combined into WHL1 and WHL2. It would look weird then when it is turning, or the steering limit would have to be very small. I havent tried the car out though.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:33 pm

Indeed, you can't use eight wheels with only two turning. The WHL6/7_H:m objects don't exist. So by checking three old addons, I saw that the Neoplan MegaShuttle have eight wheels :

WHL0_H:m > whl6 plus whl7
WHL1_H:m > whl4 plus whl5
WHL2_H:m > whl0
WHL3_H:m > whl1
WHL4_H:m > whl2
WHL5_H:m > whl3

[--W3---]_[--W5---]_______[--W1---]_[--W0---]

front

[--W2---]_[--W4---]_______[--W1---]_[--W0---]

Identical schema for the Heavy Scud Missile Transport.

Finally for the Tatra 8x8 Trial.

WHL0_H:m > whl0
WHL1_H:m > whl1
WHL2_H:m > whl2
WHL3_H:m > whl3
BODY_H > body + extra wheels (x4)

[--W1---]_[--BODY---]_______[--BODY---]_[--W3---]

front

[--W0---]_[--BODY---]_______[--BODY---]_[--W2---]

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Silent1Unknown » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:13 am

Youre diagrams a bit confusing.

Anyway, I realized something in that thread of Sajmon's. You know some cars have all 4 wheels with steering? They are used up front, and the rest of the rear wheels are grouped into WHL4 and WHL5... I think. :roll:

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby hastantyo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Riva,.
can you see it to me by using the picture or something?
please, for the last post.
really, its confusing me.
T_T

i have check the .ar, and now i understand. i understand how to make it work for a vehicle with 6 wheels. i will try it with my kenworth. thank's.
_____

so, how about the vehicle with 8 wheels?

like have silent said, "somebody did get 8 wheels to work with the first 4 wheels turning. it would look weird when it is turning, or the steering limit would have to be very small."
that was i mean in first time for this problem. and i have know, that caused by wheel axis. the axis is centered of both, not on the wheel. so, when it is turning, it will be rotating follow by the axis (look weird).

if the axis is centered on the wheel, it would be look good when it is turning. and if the axis is centered of both, it would be look weird when it is turning.

okay, let's discuss this seriously.
see the pics:

w0= WHL0_H:m
w1= WHL1_H:m
w2= WHL2_H:m
w3= WHL3_H:m

X = axis

understand with my pic?
that would be look weird when the wheel turn. coz the axis is centerd of both. if i use 4 wheels for turn, how it will be look?

i can make the rear wheels work if i use that method by followed the first pic, but that must be look weird in-game, on the 4 first wheels.

then, look carefully for the next pics:

so, understand what i mean now? i want that work in mm2. when the first 4 wheels will be turn like that. the axis is centered on the wheel, not on both. but i don't know how to name it, also for the 4 rear wheels?

w1=?
w2=?
w3=?
w4=?

4 rear wheels=...,...,...,...?

so, my question is: how to use that (named all the objects wheel in ZM) to let it work in-game, correct in the second picture.

thank's
_____

i have another problem again. now on my Visstabus. i have made the new seats for that bus, with middle poly (i don't know it is good or not, coz i can't make a object well). i want to make it more realistic, with the 3d interior. the poly is about 50k, after i uniting all object to BODY_H. i try to export it, and success! but the problem is in the game. one of object is dissapeared when i tested it in-game.

here's the pics:

ImageImage

when i tested it, the seats is dissapeared! how that be happen? why only the seats is gone? not all of them? maybe that caused by "poly" of the seats still high? i have check the poly of the seats is 24837 faces (only the seats).

ImageImage

but, if i see it in MM2 Vehicle Viewer, the seats it there! not gone!

i'm confused here. T_T anyone know why this happened?

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Silent1Unknown » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:03 pm

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Great Silent1Unknown, that's the soluton for an 8x8 vehicle. :wink: In fact MM2 doesn't use seventh and eight wheels, and that awesome way to make that kind of vehicle is the only one.

About the Visstabus, is pretty weird a such problem. :roll: Nice that you've suceeded to get the 3D interiors by lowering their polygons count, but that problem could be given by the way that they're modeled.
The same is for the Volvo truck that I'm attempting to let work in-game; also if the polygons count of the BODY object is ok, it still doesn't work in-game. Also, the whole polygons countis almost 120000 polygons. I'll PM you more info about it soon.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby hastantyo » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:02 am

WOW 8O Great idea!
thank's silent! :D thank's for the suggestion! i will try that. and i will informed it soon!

@franch: okay, i will wait it. :)

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby hastantyo » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:00 pm

sorry for double and late post, i'm busy last week.
i was test in my school.

now, someone must HELP me!

the silent suggestion is not work well in mm2...
T_T
are you have another suggestion?

the WHL4 and WHL5 look odd in game.
and the WHL2 and WHL3 tuning, the WHL4 and WHL5 is follow the WHL2 and WHL3 (when the wheel turn).

but if i see it in mm2 vehicle showcase, all the wheel is in right potition.

please, help.
here's the pic:
ImageImage
ImageImage

thank's

vw-tuner-oburg
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Postby vw-tuner-oburg » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:40 pm

i think Silent's instruction is the best you can get ;) i'll do the same to my VW Worker when i restart it.
did you center the axis of the wheels? i got nearly the same problem on my Audi A4 and Riva gave the best solution:

in Zmodeler click "Show All" --> "Select All" and "SEL" button, after that click "Display" in toolsmenu --> "Local Axis" --> "Reset" and leftclick anywhere you want on the left view. then do "Center Axis" (same menu as "Local Axis") and do again a leftclick on the left view of your truck. now all wheels should have a good axis.

hope that this helps you and good luck with your truck. sad that it is a lefthandsteering-truck, i have a good pic of an Mitsubishi truck-dash but righthandsteered ;)