Registered for: 13 years

Top 10 fav addon tracks

Postby Jimmy89 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:19 pm

Top 10 fav addon tracks are:

Chicago
Eurocity
Madness City 2
Bay City
Ridge Valley / Archipelago (it's a tie between both)
TraFar
Desert (improved version with textures for pyramids...)
Sajmon's City
Anarchy Road
Rocky Desert

(11th would be Lake Louise)

Now, reason why some maps aren't in my list.
New York city 1.2 crashes too much for me, I can only play it with basic cars or very low resolution cars, never able to have max amount of cops. Unfortunate because it's a very interesting map. Furthermore, the very cool addon for subway only works for the older NY version, otherwise it's full of bugs with improved NY.

Madness City 4 could easily replace Madness City 2 in my list but it's beta and has many bugs and no accurate map. :/

Oceany city causes crash not due to high poly cars. Same for Madness City 3 (which bugs with Madness City 2).

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:28 pm

I'm not a big fan of the new Chicago.. I like Archipelago. I had fun doing that.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby KingAndy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:28 pm

It's hard to put them in prefered order, so here's a few tracks I love to play in, for any particular order:

New York City (newest version) personally one of my very favourite tracks ever made for MM2, huge, lots of parts to explore, perfect MM2 style, working traffic... Bad things are being somehow unstable and converters used 32 bit textures so the graphics could be better.

Robada Pass, one of my very favourite racing circuits. It's not the circuit you'll get your car's top speed, but the one you can have some fun drifting arround. Also it has great textures and nice racing circuits.

Rocky Desert, this one is great. Nice models and textures, big size with no lag, great racing modes and a cool secret place.

Ridge Valley, great natural environment and good racing circuits.

Brands Hatch, another of my favourite circuits. This is perfect to drive with almost any car, and the track quality is really nice. Wins over Riva's Laguna Seca because the last one have some lag and don't have any circuit races.

International Rallycross Circuit, I love this one for off road cars. Great model and textures, as well as the circuit racings. Having circuits with different sizes makes it really nice.

England is an amazing map of a rural area of that country. Altough being enough big to have a lot of fun, I wish it was bigger enough so the main road could do a circuit.

Factory, great challenging circuit.

Archipelago, honestly not my very favourite map but maybe that's because I always prefer a nice and big city map or a racing circuit than an fictional exploring map. But still really fun to drive arround, and things like the secret tunnels or the drive on the water road makes it pretty intresting.

Madness City 3 and 4. These ones have the best graphics and are still awesome to play arround. The 4 one could be a so great map if it was finished.

Other really good tracks but that I can't call my favourites:

Chicago, amazing convertion and it's nice to have MM1 spirit in MM2. But the bugs and crashes on this very unstable convertion makes me still prefer to play it on MM1.

Akagi Mountain, the model is great, but could be better converted. The bound is awfull, so you can easily come out the side rails just by touching them, or crash into an invisible wall next to the trees. Sounds like MM2CT generated bound. :P Not having a checkpoint race that could be awesome also makes it somehow boring to play, because the player always spawns in the midle of the track, so you have first to eigher drive down or up the mointain and turn arround to do drive in the full map.

Barrage, a great post-apoc track that could have more circuits.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby NotoriousA » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:47 pm

I don't think this really counts, but I enjoy the San Francisco Megamod. You have all those trailers acting as ramps. I've played multiplayer with the Megamod a few times, and it's really fun! Wish people would play it more often.
[img][/img]