darrenvox
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

trackmania modding vs MM1 and 2 modding

Postby darrenvox » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:50 am

Heres the breakdown

Tracks

Trackmania: set and forget, just put the start and fish and put whatever else you want in between

MM1 and 2: pretty hard unless you know 3d scaling and modeling and it will take you weeks to finish.

Cars

Trackmania: you need knowledge of 3d modelling to create cars
MM1 and 2: same

Painting cars

Trackmania: you can paint within the game making it fun and not such hard work

MM1 and 2: need to convert model to photoshop or image editor and then you can paint

all in all i see trackmania being powefull here. except for wait times for cars to be made everything else is just so much simpler...

never saying that MM series matters anymore just saying i think trackmania has more bang for its buck..

and when you join it, add me...im darrenvox
darren's youtube
darren's forum
other aliases used in mm series sites 66chargerfan/interrobang/ford8nguy

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:19 am

Trackmania has tracks modding? It has just a in-game track editor. And editing paintjobs is completely same in both games if we are talking about the addon cars

darrenvox
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby darrenvox » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:40 pm

ok so i was wrong on some points...ya i meant in game editor...if you play the game you know what i mean...havent found anyone from here that plays TM that i have added...i added one guy who posted a while ago but no accetp of friend in game
darren's youtube
darren's forum
other aliases used in mm series sites 66chargerfan/interrobang/ford8nguy

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Postby COOLGUY200 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:23 pm

Sure, it's got an in-game editor, but you can edit more than that...

...It's possible to edit the textures in TrackMania Nations and other TM games. You can make your own movie to present the beginning of the track you made with an intro screen, showing highlights of the chicanes and loops of the track you made.

And, It's pretty simple to edit textures, as in MM2, also...

...For MM2, If you have a car that looked kind of a whole lotta...meh, like the dash on the GTA 3 2001 Kuruma, from a 2006-2010 Chrysler product...It's possible to edit it easliy, just download Paint.Net to edit the files, and 7-zip to open the archive. And body textures can be changed to whatever color you want by changing the saturation and hue of the car's textures.

Pretty easy if you ask me.
ok so i was wrong on some points...ya i meant in game editor...if you play the game you know what i mean...havent found anyone from here that plays TM that i have added...i added one guy who posted a while ago but no accetp of friend in game
Sorry. I forgot about TrackMania for awhile.