AI for cruise mode

Videogamer13
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 9 years 7 months

MM2 AI opponent in Cruise mode

Postby Videogamer13 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:25 am

I'm new to Midtown Madness.

Can anyone make or find a mod which enables AI opponents driving various cars like Ford Mustang, Panoz Roadster, Freightliner Century and etc. roaming through the city in Cruise mode?

It will be so much appreciated.

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Jimmy89 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:34 pm

If I understand you well, you want to have opponents driving in cruise mod?
Well, it's already the case with SF Racemod I think, or one of the Megamods, I might be wrong, but you have one or two opponents (well at least in my SF Racemod, maybe it was my own modification, I don't remember). But these follow the road of a checkpoint race, for example SF's Wanted! race or SF Racemod's City Turnee, defined by the race number and opponent number.
For this, you need to open the roam aimap & roam aimap_p (for pro) and add opponents by copy-pasting the race aimap/aimap_p data's opponents infos to the roam aimap and modify the number of opponents in the roam aimap/aimap_p to have it enabled. But maybe the more skillful users here know better ways to tell you.

To open the aimap files, just use Winzip, Winrar or whatever archive program to open the .ar mods or mmcore.ar, go to race folder and you find the aimap files to open and modify. Open the aimap(_p) file with notepad but be careful not to check the box "use notepad as default program to open" when you open the aimap files.

Dytak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 11 years

Postby Dytak » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:14 am

You're looking for something like this?

Also, the explanation who Jimmy89 brings to you, it's really nice, you can do it by yourself with different vehicles, and all that kind stuff.
[img][/img] [size=75][color=gray]Best newcomer member of the year (old old old old)[/color][/size]

Videogamer13
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 9 years 7 months

Postby Videogamer13 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:44 pm

I have Midtown Madness 2 on my PC. I couldn't open .ar file with Winrar or Winzip.

I have DEAR2 to decompress files from .ar archive. Can you figure out how to compress the files back into .ar archive?

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:01 pm

Doof4294967296
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Doof4294967296 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:51 am

Maybe you're looking fore this:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/4l5zc ... _ai_mod.ar

It's from my mod, sorry SF only..

NOTE: Make sure to edit the aimap to change the cars of the opponents and hookmen or the game will crash due to the absence of my mod.