MM1 traffic mod gets blocked

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years

MM1 traffic mod gets blocked

Postby Jimmy89 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:42 pm

That's what I got when I downloaded it off the MM1 mods.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:49 pm

Probably Chrome browser is blocking the file downloading because of the TrafficMod2.exe file stored in the archive. That file is needed to have the traffic mod to work in MM1, you run the game through it instead from the normal Midtown.exe file. Download the archive using another browser.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:28 am

I'm admin at MMarchive where we host that mod also. I can confirm it is just a false alarm for the scanner as it contains an executable. The file is completely safe to use.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:47 am

With my reply I obviously meant that the reporting is total false alarm. Well, ain't Chrome blocks any archive with an executable inside. However, it's enough click on that Dismiss button to allow the file downloading, there's no need to use another browser.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dummiesboy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Dismiss actually only makes the message go away. To allow it to download, you need to disable Chrome malware protection.

Want to know why it does that? Chrome's protection operates on a "guilty until proven innocent" basis. Any EXE file is malware to it unless google says otherwise. Small time files like this don't get recognized.