Multiplayer problems

ThatBenGuy
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 10 years

Multiplayer problems

Postby ThatBenGuy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:42 pm

Hello, I've being having some problems getting the multiplayer to load. When i type in my friends Hamachi ip it finds his game then when i click it, its freezes and then after a few minutes it starts working again but still hasn't joined the game. He has experienced this problem before, and to fix it he made sure it was allowed in his firewall. I use Norton firewall. I have allowed the game several times and checked it to 'auto', i have used 'custom' protection to allow it. I have also gone through Norton config and made sure the 'Tcp' input and output are allowed. Which then leads me to believe it isn't the firewall. But we're not sure what it could be. Please help if you can, thanks.
Kind regards,
Ben.

fastback428
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Postby fastback428 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:13 am

Hey Ben, I have also experienced this issue before. It seems to always be a firewall issue for me. Check and see if Microsoft Direct Play Helper is allowed as well. Might also want to check that the programs are allowed on all types of networks (Private and Public depending on what you have). Hope this helps!
[img][/img]