Storm_Sullivan 2.0

Since Scratch Modelling didn't work out...

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Storm_Sullivan 2.0

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:53 pm

I understand now why so little scratch-modeling is done anymore.
Therefore, I decided to try my hand at conversion. Introducing
Storm Sullivan Midtown Conversions Studio (SSMC)!!!!

Future projects (including, but not limited to):
-Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty
-DAF XF
-2012 Ford SVT Raptor (I know jelly's doing 1 but this'll be a cop)
-Ford C-series Fire Truck
-Ford E-350 Ambulance
-Ford F-450
-Sterling A9500S
-Mercedes Benz Sprinter Ambulance
-Dodge Charger Police
-2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 Police
-Dodge Challenger SRT8 Police Highway Patrol
-Aston Martin DBS Police
-Bentley Continental Supersports Coupe Police
-Carbon Motors E7 Concept Police
-Mount Chilliad SAR Hummer
-NYFD Megapack
-Dodge Ram 3500 unmarked
-FBI FXT
-Many, many, many, many, many more (and many more) :lol:

As you might see, I have a special attraction to converting emergency vehicles. Don't expect cars in this order. Most are custom made add-on vehicles from various NFS and GTA versions, which means it will take time to get permissions. But there's plenty of progress already, so keep your eye out!

I might actually abandon the S331 because I've looked everywhere for sounds and haven't found any close enough. And being taken from a Xbox game (of which I have neither the game nor the box), I may have to release something that I have a better chance of finding files for.
Last edited by Storm_Sullivan on Sat May 17, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

axela2012
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Postby axela2012 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:19 am

woooo is very complete your list but the crown vic 2010 police car or the new ford taurus police car ?

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:49 am

No, I don't have models of either of those, though I do have a few older crown vic's. And The list is nowhere near finished.

Crown Vic models I have:

I'll keep my eyes open for the two you mentioned, though.

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

jorge14
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Postby jorge14 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:56 am

Cool list and good luck :wink:
[img][/img][color=gray] Best MM2 car converter of the year[/color] | [img][/img] [color=chocolate] Best active member photoshop-er[/color]
[url=https://www.mm2jorge14.weebly.com][img]https://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/16/19/81/53/mm2jor10.png[/img][/url]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby whoami » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:53 am

Awesome!

Say, your list doesn't include a McLaren F1, right? I'm planing on doing that for my first convert. :)
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Nope, all yours. :)

Other than a few (4-5) big trucks like the DAF XF, the list is mostly cops, 3-4 fire trucks, a couple military, and 3 ambulances, plus a bunch of real life pickup trucks with not-real life jobs (like a Ram 1500 police).

If I ever get around to more than one or two, we may have to make a whole new subcategory on this site for cops. ;)

Porsche911man
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Porsche911man » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:32 pm

Some police departments actually use the ram as a police truck. Just look some pictures up on Google. :)

axela2012
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Postby axela2012 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:29 pm

yes i see some pictures the dodge ram 1500 but what year?
2003-2008? or 2013 :wink:

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:27 am

Some police departments actually use the ram as a police truck. Just look some pictures up on Google. :)
Thanks for pointing that out :) I actually was entirely unaware. Too bad Ohio Highway Patrol doesn't use them, cause that's the department I hope to get into someday.

If the Readme's are correct, the Ram 1500's I have are 1996 and 1998.

By the way, anyone planning a Halo Warthog (not a Halo Edition Ford Raptor, an actual hog)? I don't know if I'll ever get around to converting it, but I have one.

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:50 am

Thanks for pointing that out:) I actually was entirely unaware. Too bad Ohio Highway Patrol doesn't use them, cause that's the department I hope to get into someday.

If the Readme's are correct, the Ram 1500's I have are 1996 and 1998.

By the way, anyone planning a Halo Warthog (not a Halo Edition Ford Raptor, an actual hog)? I don't know if I'll ever get around to converting it, but I have one.
Driving the warthog would be fun. Might look around. :wink:

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:10 pm

I actually toyed around with my Warthog model, converted from GTA SA. I was following vw tuner's tutorial, and actually not doing too bad. Until I got to retexturing. First, ZModeler 1.07 kept crashing, so I textured in ZModeler 2. Then I accidentally applied the wheel texture to the whole model. After I got that fixed, I realized just one problem... The gun platform has a texture seperate from the body, as does the control panel. But the corresponding surfaces are part of the main body. I have other cars this way as well. What do I do?

Edit: In the meantime, I have plenty to do, between making an exhaustive list of my models and getting unlocked versions from the makers of any locked cars. Oh yeah, I should probably mention that almost all the cars are add-ons for their respective games, not default cars. Meaning they are all the more unique.

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:45 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I thought you guys would like to see today's art:

The wheels, mirrors, and interior aren't textured yet cause I keep accidentally retexturing the wrong elements and I wanted to give you guys a shot before I...uh...mess it up again :lol:

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby e-cobra » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:27 am

Looks great! :) Did you apply a reflection map to a black un-textured surface of the body?
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:36 am

Actually no, at least I don't think I did, but there's a possibility. I did apply reflections, but oddly enough, the body textures without reflections are white. Haven't decided which I like better. I might do both.

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:54 am

Why are you retexturing if some come from GTA SA? They already have textures mapped and materialized :/
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]