Is Driver: San Francisco good?

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Is Driver: San Francisco good?

Postby COOLGUY200 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:29 pm

I saw a crash montage yesterday made with this game and now I really want to buy this game now. I am going to buy the PC version.

It looks very promising, but I am not sure if its good.
Grand Theft Auto seems too violent to me, and there are lots of licensed cars like the 1951 Hudson Hornet, 1969 Dodge Charger, 1974 Dodge Monaco, even a 1978 AMC Pacer! Plus the Ford Crown Victoria and Lincoln Town Car, and more. I noticed that the cars look really bad when you slam a school bus or a semi into it, just like the original Driver games.

Is this worth buying?

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Diatosta » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:37 pm

It's kinda good, I mean, I had the cracked, so I couldnt play the online, but the singleplayer seemt very good ;)
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:57 pm

I've played and completed this game, and it's really worth. The city is well made and has lots of roads, but pity that the driving is too limited on the roads. The car list is numerous and well assorted, their driving is funny and pretty credible, and there are cool dashboard views (it's now a rarity in arcade games). I've found the story good and the Shift feature original and well implemented, it makes the gameplay fun. It features also a very good replays editor. Bad that once completed the game, there's the sensation that isn't any more worth play it.
It now costs little being pretty old. If you find it for PC, buy it, install it and before play it, update it with the last patch available, which removes that crappy Ubisoft's DRM. Unfortunately, the PC version hasn't the graphic post effects like the consoles ones and has a bit unstable FPS.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:52 am

Driver: San Francisco is the closest thing to GTA, but replaces all the violence and swears and etc. with awesome driving physics! IMO I have to disagree with Franch here because, even when you finish the game, you can still have lots of fun doing extra challenges and drifting down highways in Dodge Challengers!! :P

And also, what Franch said is right, the PC version can have unstable FPS, but it also has to do with your system (It works fine with mine because I have a very nice computer and graphics card that has handled I've ever tried on it :wink:)
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby COOLGUY200 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Well, when I have a game installed on a computer, the computer is going to have a disc drive larger than the Roman Coliseum. Maybe larger than Texas. And my graphics card is going to be t-o-p n-o-t-c-h. Thank God for the Dell computers such as the Optiplex and Precision, because those are the best way to enjoy games with Windows. I'm typing on an Dell Adamo XPS with Windows 7. This thing gave me the famous "blue screen" when I wanted to play Roblox. I have no idea why I put that on this computer.

Thanks guys, feel free to still respond.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dummiesboy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:12 pm

No. One of the worst games I've ever played. That city they made is NOT San Francisco. Not to mention all of the things they cut down to make it run well on consoles. Just an awful game.

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby COOLGUY200 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:33 pm

Gosh... it has the Golden Gate Bridge for cryin' out loud. and i'm pretty sure there are hippies because that's 100% San Fran. And lots and lots of hills. GTA doesn't look like ANY CITY because it's a fake city. and plus, the reason why they cut down is because XBOX ONE and PLAYSTATION 4 was in the making then!

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dummiesboy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:35 pm

It's less accurate than the MM2 rendition of the city.

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby COOLGUY200 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:39 pm

Still, MM2 is like 15 years old. only way to make it better is your mod MM2 Revisited, and some other addons. But still, this game has impressive looks and it's based on a real city. Franch said it was good, so did FerrariNissanLamborghini. OOPS. :(

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:55 pm

Well, the city in this game resembles San Francisco in many characteristics, but we know that few games have real reproductions of a part of the real life cities. Then, the Driver games series has always been kinda surreal and ironic, like the GTA one, so you should aspect what realism in it. IMO, any direct comparing between Driver San Francisco and Midtown Madness 2 can't be done, for first thing because they're games of different generations, and then is evident that Driver San Francisco doesn't want to copy Midtown Madness 2 in anything.
As said, if you find it for PC for a little price, maximum 10 Dollars or little more, it's worth to buy. Get it if you're finding a funny city driving arcade game with cruise and races mode which just remind of Midtown Madness 2, but without have to expect its particularities, which are unique of it. Watch some videos and read some review about it, if you want to know more before get it.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Midtown2 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:46 am

Ok if gta is too violent, you'll like driver... It's got a good story and plays like gta without guns and there's lots of cars