How to add colors to default cars

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

How to add colors to default cars

Postby Diatosta » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:44 pm

So, in the past I've been looking for this and I didn't found it straight away in the forums, and today someone requested me to make one, so here we go! :P

First, you modify the textures of, for example, the Mustang Fastback. The textures names are vpbullet_*color*, for example, vpbullet_red. You modify the texture in Photoshop or another software and save with same basename but different color, like vpbullet_black and convert it back to .tex.

Now you open in Zmodeler the Fastback .pkg and go to export. a windows will open, called "Exporting properties". You got to make sure that the "Type of exporting" is set to "Standart vehicle". In the "Textures" section, click "Multiple colors (paintjobs)", select the color that is already there (probably "_blue" ) and remove it clicking on "remove". Then you just gotta go to the textures folder, and get all the colors that belong to that car (vpbullet_red, vpbullet_green, vpbullet_black<--yours, and the others that start witht he car basename) and then you gotta in Zmodeler write in "Replace suffix" the first color, like _red and in "with suffix" _green and click "Add to List", and then Replace suffix _red with suffix _black until all colors are there. Then you just gotta click "Export", zip it, and be happy :)

P.S.- When Replacing suffixes, the colors must be in the same order as in the car information file, so if there is Red|Green|Blue|Black, you gotta do it by order, first replace _red with _green, then with _blue and finally with _black

Hope this was clear :)
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Triple_X » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:38 pm

are you serious ? :o ?

make a .tga file (texture) in photoshop with the color you want and just name it the same as one of the former textures ex: vpbullet_red.tga and add it to a new .ar file adding some "!!!!" in the beginning of the name of the .ar file and there you have it (nobody cares the name of color is wrong)

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Diatosta » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Yeah, but the person requested how to add colors, not how to replace them with custom ones, and if I'm not wrong, that's what you're saying does ;)
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby aaro4130 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:43 pm

are you serious ? :o ?

make a .tga file (texture) in photoshop with the color you want and just name it the same as one of the former textures ex: vpbullet_red.tga and add it to a new .ar file adding some "!!!!" in the beginning of the name of the .ar file and there you have it (nobody cares the name of color is wrong)
Or do it the proper way lol
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]