Midtown Madness 2 keep crashing

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Midtown Madness 2 keep crashing

Postby KingAndy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:55 am

OK, I really don't know what is going on with Midtown Madness 2. Yesterday I installed some mods (if it helps, it's the track Factory, the SF mod Testzone and the Dodge Viper 2013) and since there, when I doble click the MM2 exe. file the loading menu opens but after 2 seconds the game closes, but there no error message appears. When I doble click again, the "Yikes" word doc. apears. If I doble click again, all of this will happen again and again.

Well, of course I tryed to delete the 3 mods. It didn't work. I deleted a few cars and tracks to see if it was overrun. Nothing. I also deleted the "players" folder. The game is still crashing. I have a copy of the came in a memory card, so I replaced the exe. file (if it also helps, is the one that comes with "replay" mod), and all the game files, but it continue crashing.

If I try to enter in game with the safe mode option, it works totally fine! What is going on?
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Diatosta » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:07 pm

OK so it also happened to me! It must be a Win 7 patch or a nVidia one. The solution I found was to lower your desktop resolution below 1280xsomething, you gotta try different resolutions, and then it should work. Good luck ;)
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:50 pm

OK so it also happened to me! It must be a Win 7 patch or a nVidia one. The solution I found was to lower your desktop resolution below 1280xsomething, you gotta try different resolutions, and then it should work. Good luck ;)
But it worked fine until now. Well, I'll try it and after that I say if it worked.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Yeah, it's the same for me. Worked fine until 4 or 5 days ago when it started doing it. Another thing that works and doesn't require you to change the resolution of your desktop is to reinstall the graphics driver, however for me it only works for one session, if I restart Win it won't work anymore :(

Edit: I found a solution! You just gotta go in compatibility mode and enable the option to open the program in 640x480. That way, it will open, and then you just gotta change the resolution in-game ;)

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

[img][/img]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:04 pm

Well, after almost 2 hours, I think I discover the crash problem. I tryed to reduce the screen resolution until the min, but it still don't worked when I did'nt use the safe mode option. So, I moved to the desktop all of the mods, and tryed the game without mods, it worked great. So, I grouped the mods in track mods (add tracks to the game), car mods (add cars to the game), and other mods (new sounds, textures and geometry files for the default cities, etc). I put the track mods, it worked fine. I put the other mods, it also worked fine. But, I put the cars mods, the problem was again there. So, it was on the car mods that the problem was. I put a car file each time, and tryed the game. It worked fine until I put all the cars. So, all the mods was in the game directory and it worked fine. :o

So I closed the game and started it again and it crashed. I take lots of time seeing if there was any conflict between mods, overrun... nothing. So, has a last attempt, I tryed to put it the game directory the empty vehicle slot that comes with revisited v5, because it's related with crashing and with car mods. The game worked fine! Well, I don't know exacly if that because of that mod the game is working, but I tryed to close and open the game a few time and it did not crashed anymore.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Nice to see that it worked! :D

[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:52 pm

The game crash during the first game loading isn't unusual, it usually happens with the adding of too much cars add-ons, indeed, also when no error message is given. Weird have fixed it by using the empty vehicle car slot, made for a completely different purpose always related with the add-on cars. However, good have figured out everything by your own, now keep always that file in the game folder, due to it you'll avoid lot of game crashes caused by the adding, using and removing of add-on cars. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|