Questions about NYC

Richard_P
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Postby Richard_P » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:24 pm

Hey Richard,

I downloaded the NYC city sometime in Mid-September and I thought everything was really good! I commend you for that. But I have some questions about the city that I was hoping you could answer.

1: For the drivable cars (in this case, the Meter Maid), I noticed that in order for the sirens to work, I have to hold down the siren key (the enter key) instead of having to press it to turn the sirens on and press it again to turn the sirens off. I don't have a problem that, I just want to know if its supposed to happen and if there is someway to fix it.

2: I was looking at the pictures on the 1st and 2nd pages and saw that where it showed some of the drivable cars that were part of the traffic, that I don't have some of them. I don't have the Honda Cr X or the Dodge Caravan. Do you have to download them seperately?

3: The police cars that were shown in the city in NYC, were those the ones that you were driving? Because I see the police cars in the city and all (but not the Chevy Suburban I believe), but if I speed past them or hit them, the sirens don't turn on and/or they don't come after me. Is this suppossed to happen?

4: 1 of the drivable cars that I got was a Ford Taurus, but it just came out all white on the showcase, no color at all. When I drive it, it still shows up completely white but the only things that show are the reverse lights and the brake lights. The paint job doesn't change it either.

5: Also, when I do night mode in NYC, I look at the traffic lights and the light doesn't show saying whether it is green, yellow, or red.

Thanks if you can answer these questions. I appreciate it. :)

ok, to answe, i havent been here for a while. so here it goes!
thanks, for teh comments. one main problem is that you probably dont have an up to date version, one was released with mm2 overhauled! as a rebuilt of mm2.

1 the meter maid just has a chirp for a siren, similar to the midnight club game traffic metermaid, the driver just give teh siren a cherp instead of honking.

2 in the new version, all but the ambulance, garbage truck,gas truck and something else are not drivable, the rest are.

3 the new version has working sirens and the cop versions are teh drivable ones, exactly the same.

4 that taurus shouldnt be in there, just a mistake.

5 the lights dont light up because there is no nightime light glare in the 3d model. i could replace them with the default lights to fix that, but every time i mod the new ones to have it the game crashes

the heap overrun, thats because the mod comes with lots of addon cars, about 30 or so, and every car must be installed for teh mod to properly work, youll have to downsize your other mods. but soon, some will replace default cars, defaults will be replaced with higher poly versions of the cars.
[img]https://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c89/Richard3100/signsmall.jpg[/img]

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 17 years

Postby awalwang » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:29 pm

I've noticed that the meter maid's textures get messed up sometimes. One side flips upside-down. Do you know what's causing this? :?

Midtown-Madness-2_Kid
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Postby Midtown-Madness-2_Kid » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:49 pm

Thanks for answering the questions, Richard. Awalwang and Franch88, thanks for telling about the default car thing, that is probably why. I can't believe I didn't think of that myself! Thanks anyway, guys. :D :D

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:51 pm

No problem, that's what this forum's for. :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:00 pm

That's all MM2 Kid! ;) Hope that you've succeded to play this mod.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:05 pm

Hopefully you'll be able to use this with any other mods that have this problem. Until the next problem... :roll: :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:12 pm

Hopefully you'll be able to use this with any other mods that have this problem. Until the next problem... :roll: :wink:
Well, if you have the MM2 Overhauled! Mod and put a mod that makes the same changes like that, it's pretty sure that you'll have a conflict problem. But you'll have problems also if you put lots of other add-ons. The things are always the same!
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:55 am

A lot of problems are usually similar, and they always spin back to a few certain mods. :roll:

Midtown-Madness-2_Kid
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Midtown-Madness-2_Kid » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:10 am

Well, I got to try out the mod and I thought it was pretty cool. I tried NYC first and the game loading screen had just about finished loading when it had the "Heap Overrun" error. I am pretty sure that the "Heap Overrun" error has something to do with some limited amount of memory and that can't be a problem because I have 1.13 GB (a 1GB chip and a 256MB chip, part of the memory is devoted to graphics memory). About my problem, I chose one of the cars that came with the Overhaul! mod, the NYPD police car and it had the heap overrun error as I mentioned earlier. I only had 2 other cars (a side from the ones that came with the mod) so the amount of cars that I have can't be a problem. Can you guys help me find out what is going wrong?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:48 am

MM2 doesn't use all the system RAM memory available because it's an old game. It can't load lots of .ar files, it suffer about the high polygon cars and it suffer of many conflicts between the add-ons .ar files. This last gives problems: the MM2 Overhauled! Mod causes lots of conflicts problems if you'll install other mods (I think almost all).
The MM2 Overhauled! Mod causes lots of problems. I've succeeded to let it work with only few cars as far as I remember. :roll:
If you're tried to play NYC that comes with that mod, the problem is the city; you have to set a particulat graphic setting to play it.

Midtown-Madness-2_Kid
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Midtown-Madness-2_Kid » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:51 am

I think I might already have it set to the right setting. I used the previous NYC and I set it to a different thing and it might have kept my options, I have to check. OK, I tried it and it works. I set the graphics right, so its all good.

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:43 am

Why don't some graphics settings work for addon tracks?:?

Midtown-Madness-2_Kid
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Midtown-Madness-2_Kid » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:33 am

Probably for either 2 reasons. 1, the game is not programmed to go at the certain level. 2, your computer might not be powerful enough to do it.

And about NYC, I found some problems. On trace menu (the one where you hit ESC when racing) if I press any of the items, the game crashes.

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:47 am

That's strange. NYC stirs up tons of probs. Car crash, graphics crash, track crash, but Pause screen? I don't think that's ever happened before. Franch88 will know, though.:wink:

Richard_P
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Postby Richard_P » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:30 am

nyc uses a lot of memory up, so high poly cars (like my f150, dynasty etc) cause it to crash. traffic can also do it aswell as police and peds. it all depends on your coputer, mine is very shitty, but almost all my fave cars work. try that hqtm conflict fixing program. but all ar files for the mod must be installed, i geniously interlinked files between files so that certain files for certian cars are located in other .ar files. ill will make it one huge ar for the next release aswell as maybe nix a few cars.
[img]https://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c89/Richard3100/signsmall.jpg[/img]