Shelby GT500 for a Police Mod?

Tuppence870
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Shelby GT500 for a Police Mod?

Postby Tuppence870 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:16 pm

I love this Shelby GT500 Police Car , but I'd like to see it replace the default Mustang Cruisers in both SF and London. Can anyone show me how?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:18 pm

The author of the car, Aaro4130, did a such cop mod to use together with the car add-on, but it's now unavailable.
It's something easy to make, however. I've quickly done this file for you using the default game files and replacing the default Ford Mustang Cruiser basename in them with the one of this car, nothing else. Download it here.
You may want to check the archive too opening it with WinZip or similar programs and the files in it with Notepad. Obviously you must keep the add-on car ar file in the game folder to let this little mod work. Make sure to don't have other city cop mods already installed. Don't exceed with the traffic density, especially if you're using a traffic mod, and possibly don't play with pretty high polygons vehicles, otherwise a game crash during the city loading is possible; the model of this police car is pretty high polygons for the game, and it's ok only as player car, as city police AI not much.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Tuppence870
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Tuppence870 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Thanks for the help - this works really well :D

However, both US and UK colors appear in SF and London, so is there any way to change the skins which appear in each city?

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby aaro4130 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:28 pm

Thanks for the help - this works really well :D

However, both US and UK colors appear in SF and London, so is there any way to change the skins which appear in each city?
I think it is because I have improper flags in the info file, either that or because of the color count. I don't know a fix for this but Franch might
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:32 pm

Unfortunately I don't know how set a specific paintjob to be used in each city cop cars, otherwise I'd probably already done it. It doesn't depend by the flags values in the .info file, they're made for other things and only related with the player car. Could depend by the color count, but probably also if the car has only two paintjob, the first for SF and the second for London, both the paintjobs will result used for both the cities. There should be a different file to set this. :roll:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|